Robert Reich explains the economy.

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Robert Reich explains the economy.

Post by Sluggo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Robert Reich explains our current economy so simply that a monkey could understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzMqm2T ... r_embedded
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Re: Robert Reich explains the economy.

Post by Cindy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Robert Reich is a national treasure. Good book about his experience in the Clinton administration: Locked in the Cabinet. He also wrote some very readable books about the economy: I'll be Short and The Future of Success.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Yep. That's pretty much how an economy works.
Good one Sluggo.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Cindy wrote:Robert Reich is a national treasure. Good book about his experience in the Clinton administration: Locked in the Cabinet. He also wrote some very readable books about the economy: I'll be Short and The Future of Success.

Cindy
I used to think of Greenspan much more highly; then I read his comments on the banking crisis and was dismayed at his lack of insight. Reich I used to think of as a policy elite who lived in theories. The more I've read from him over the years though, the more impressed I've been with his practical understanding of difficult-to-explain economic issues.

He really is a national treasure.

Mike

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:04 pm

yeah it all comes out in the wash sooner or later...Greenspan was flying a Zeppelin
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:42 am

Lanval wrote:
Cindy wrote:Robert Reich is a national treasure. Good book about his experience in the Clinton administration: Locked in the Cabinet. He also wrote some very readable books about the economy: I'll be Short and The Future of Success.

Cindy
I used to think of Greenspan much more highly; then I read his comments on the banking crisis and was dismayed at his lack of insight. Reich I used to think of as a policy elite who lived in theories. The more I've read from him over the years though, the more impressed I've been with his practical understanding of difficult-to-explain economic issues.

He really is a national treasure.

Mike
He has a talent. My economics professor was the same way. After two courses with him on macro, I qualified for an honors class--something I never would have thought possible as a creative writing major. I had no solid math or business background. But he was that good. And he had no need to keep the complexities to himself for the sake of ego. I like that about Reich as well.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand