Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Re: Another Sarah Palin Gaffe

Post by Lanval » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:26 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
Cindy wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:geeze, a simple 1 line question and you get all bent Turk? errr Colin? :thumbright:
This is not a "simple" question. It's not a real question at all. It's a misinterpretation and an insult.

Cindy
If you mean my question "Aren't you the one for using guns to force your desires on others?", I would like you to explain what you mean.
It may not be simple, maybe it is. But it is a real question to me.
Let's break it down. Wanting welfare or socialized medicine is a desire he has, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think he as made that clear. That is a desire he has.
He is for making everyone in this country, even if they do not agree, contribute.
He is for using the systems of taxation in place that one must conform to or at some point guns will be used to get you to pay, go to court, or jail.
It uses guns, to force people to do it. It is a desire, wish, an idea or ideal that some hold.
I really didn't think he would take such offense to that. It is to me clearly the politics he advocates. I have pointed out the guns before, in case he never thought about that. So seriously, what is the error here?
The current laws were chosen by elected representatives of the majority of the people. If you don't like that, you can:

Move to another place with a legal system more to your liking;

or

Change the system here.

Considering the things you've said to me, you ought to take a careful look at how you talk to/about other people.

Mike

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:28 am

Velokid1 wrote:Steve,

You obviously expect other people to take lots of time to explain themselves to you; I can only assume that it's because you have lots of free time yourself, so indulge me here:

Please, if you don't mind, paint for me a picture of what your SOLUTION is... paint a picture of the version of the United States would be, one where there was no enforcement by police, military or firearms.

See, the problem I have with this notion you keep interjecting into every conversation you have is that while I am no fan of guns, I hate pigs, and I'm really not all that fond of a good 50% of our country's current and former military servicemen(women), I have a hard time picturing an alternative version of enforcement that is actually realistic.

Tell me what it would look like.

To paraphrase an old marine saying, "Don't bother criticizing unless you also have a viable solution." What's the workable alternative?
First, I do realize there will be a transition, but the Libertarian gov still has police, military, and they can still use firearms. It is one thing to use guns for the protection of life and property, it is another thing to use it to promote your dream, goal, ideal or vision. Yes, I think it would be better if we can even evolve past that point needing guns, but that isn't what I am saying to do for now.

I actually did explain this in another thread or two just in the last week or two.
Check out this thread. "Basis for my gov belief's"
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9653
Also might find a little towards the end of the FDR thread from a few weeks ago.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 am

Thanks- I will go check it out.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am

Lanval wrote:
Considering the things you've said to me, you ought to take a careful look at how you talk to/about other people.

Mike
I know what you mean by this now.
Duly noted.
I will admit it, I am still human.
I probably have done and still do everything everyone else's does from time to time.