Another Sarah Palin Gaffe

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Another Sarah Palin Gaffe

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 am

Keith Olbermann had her pegged, "That woman, is an idiot."

Thank goodness there are interpreters about, based on what she said alone, I wouldn't have known what the heck she was talking about.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 am

zabo wrote:Image
This is terrifying.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Cindy wrote:
Yes, let's elect Tina Fey. I would do that!

Cindy
Apparently Fox news agrees with you!!

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2011/06 ... _cntnt_rss
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 am

Amskeptic wrote:
This is terrifying.
Colin
Colin, your comment surprises me.
Aren't you the one for using guns to force your desires on others?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 am

steve74baywin wrote: Colin, your comment surprises me.

Steve, this frankly pisses me off. I don't need people telling me what I think. I don't have time for people to misinterpret me. I said somewhere around here that even a democracy where citizens have agreed through represented voting to a certain set of laws, that enforcement is required. I mentioned that even in our families, enforcement is critical. The above comment .... forget it, I have an appointment to get to.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am

Amskeptic wrote:

Steve, this frankly pisses me off.
If the shoe fits, where it. Do not be ashamed of it.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

Steve, this frankly pisses me off.
If the shoe fits, where it. Do not be ashamed of it.
Do not patronize me. This is wrong.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:02 am

geeze, a simple 1 line question and you get all bent Turk? errr Colin? :thumbright:
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 am

vdubyah73 wrote:geeze, a simple 1 line question and you get all bent Turk? errr Colin? :thumbright:
This is not a "simple" question. It's not a real question at all. It's a misinterpretation and an insult.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 am

Amskeptic wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
This is terrifying.
Colin

Steve, this frankly pisses me off. I don't need people telling me what I think. I don't have time for people to misinterpret me. I said somewhere around here that even a democracy where citizens have agreed through represented voting to a certain set of laws, that enforcement is required. I mentioned that even in our families, enforcement is critical. The above comment .... forget it, I have an appointment to get to.
Colin,
Not all of us are agreeing.
We agreed certain laws, not welfare, social medicine, pre-emptive wars, spying.
You are for people/groups using guns for more than protection of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why do you find that so repulsive?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 am

Cindy wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:geeze, a simple 1 line question and you get all bent Turk? errr Colin? :thumbright:
This is not a "simple" question. It's not a real question at all. It's a misinterpretation and an insult.

Cindy
my point exactly, thank you.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 am

Cindy wrote:

Cindy
If you mean my question "Aren't you the one for using guns to force your desires on others?", I would like you to explain what you mean.
It may not be simple, maybe it is. But it is a real question to me.
Let's break it down. Wanting welfare or socialized medicine is a desire he has, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think he as made that clear. That is a desire he has.
He is for making everyone in this country, even if they do not agree, contribute.
He is for using the systems of taxation in place that one must conform to or at some point guns will be used to get you to pay, go to court, or jail.
It uses guns, to force people to do it. It is a desire, wish, an idea or ideal that some hold.
I really didn't think he would take such offense to that. It is to me clearly the politics he advocates. I have pointed out the guns before, in case he never thought about that. So seriously, what is the error here?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Cindy wrote:

Cindy
If you mean my question "Aren't you the one for using guns to force your desires on others?", I would like you to explain what you mean.
It may not be simple, maybe it is. But it is a real question to me.
Let's break it down. Wanting welfare or socialized medicine is a desire he has, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think he as made that clear. That is a desire he has.
He is for making everyone in this country, even if they do not agree, contribute.
He is for using the systems of taxation in place that one must conform to or at some point guns will be used to get you to pay, go to court, or jail.
It uses guns, to force people to do it. It is a desire, wish, an idea or ideal that some hold.
I really didn't think he would take such offense to that. It is to me clearly the politics he advocates. I have pointed out the guns before, in case he never thought about that. So seriously, what is the error here?
stop making sense, it hurts my head to be agreeing with you! =D>

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:19 am

Steve,

You obviously expect other people to take lots of time to explain themselves to you; I can only assume that it's because you have lots of free time yourself, so indulge me here:

Please, if you don't mind, paint for me a picture of what your SOLUTION is... paint a picture of the version of the United States would be, one where there was no enforcement by police, military or firearms.

See, the problem I have with this notion you keep interjecting into every conversation you have is that while I am no fan of guns, I hate pigs, and I'm really not all that fond of a good 50% of our country's current and former military servicemen(women), I have a hard time picturing an alternative version of enforcement that is actually realistic.

Tell me what it would look like.

To paraphrase an old marine saying, "Don't bother criticizing unless you also have a viable solution." What's the workable alternative?

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

From the Colin I know, he lives a life of peace and understanding. He LIVES it, not many can say that. It takes a lot to piss the man off. You guys can have your own opinions but I have seen it time and time again. Pro guns? What? How long did it take before that stuffed turkey was finally baked?
One can make all kinds of associations - "I drink milk, and milk is white, therefore I'm a white supremacist."
Man's violence must end, especially violent thoughts. Thoughts are the Christ Manger of our downfall.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat