Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Sucks

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 7:21 pm

With all due respect, some members have said:
RussellK wrote:
skin daddio wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:This conversation sucks.
Colin
does suck.
Actually....this board has started to suck. I'm done here. If all we seem capable of are cryptic replies, fabricated discussions and three word declarations I see no more value in spending time here. What started as a nice experience almost five years ago has been allowed to erode to this point. What a shame.
hambone wrote: It's "off putting" when a moderator of a forum I hold dear refers to others as "the gallery" when their views differ.
I can't come into free speech anymore without the turd in the sand box pissing me off to the extent that I wonder why the fuck I'm here again. I used to come in here to relax, to learn, to vent, to discuss whatever the "seriousness of it all" that was on my mind. I recall a time when the board was all a tizzy about banning. But I'll tell you, banning the turd was amazingly refreshing. Like cleaning the overdue cat box. You just didn't realize it stunk till you took it out.

I recall bearing it all here. I recall others bearing it all here. To people we'd never met. Now the turd talks to himself, driving most away, responding to his own vitriol, and threatening us all with his superior sources and data that he never seems to post. Fucking disgusting.

Frankly, I'd miss RussellK. I miss Velokid. I miss Bill. I miss many of the used-to-be prolific posters. I miss most all of you. While I may not have agreed with all of you or any of you, issue depending, I had a certain trust and knowledge of you that made the interaction insightful and beneficial. All the turd wants is conflict. To take the nice peaceful (or passionate and heated) discourse and turn it into an insane and inane pissing match. :pale:

The board attempted to include all without judgement and without consequence. To the detriment of many. Experiment failed. Guess I'll just stick to the technical section.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Sucks

Post by Amskeptic » Tue May 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Ritter wrote:With all due respect, some members have said:
RussellK wrote:
skin daddio wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:This conversation sucks.
Colin
does suck.
Actually....this board has started to suck. I'm done here. If all we seem capable of are cryptic replies, fabricated discussions and three word declarations I see no more value in spending time here. What started as a nice experience almost five years ago has been allowed to erode to this point. What a shame.
hambone wrote: It's "off putting" when a moderator of a forum I hold dear refers to others as "the gallery" when their views differ.
I can't come into free speech anymore without the turd in the sand box pissing me off to the extent that I wonder why the fuck I'm here again. I used to come in here to relax, to learn, to vent, to discuss whatever the "seriousness of it all" that was on my mind. I recall a time when the board was all a tizzy about banning. But I'll tell you, banning the turd was amazingly refreshing. Like cleaning the overdue cat box. You just didn't realize it stunk till you took it out.

I recall bearing it all here. I recall others bearing it all here. To people we'd never met. Now the turd talks to himself, driving most away, responding to his own vitriol, and threatening us all with his superior sources and data that he never seems to post. Fucking disgusting.

Frankly, I'd miss RussellK. I miss Velokid. I miss Bill. I miss many of the used-to-be prolific posters. I miss most all of you. While I may not have agreed with all of you or any of you, issue depending, I had a certain trust and knowledge of you that made the interaction insightful and beneficial. All the turd wants is conflict. To take the nice peaceful (or passionate and heated) discourse and turn it into an insane and inane pissing match. :pale:

The board attempted to include all without judgement and without consequence. To the detriment of many. Experiment failed. Guess I'll just stick to the technical section.
I shall conduct a poll to perform an experiment here in Free Speech. I will happily suffer the slings and arrows of discontents to see the experiment through . . . .
Colin
(my apologies to all who have become exhausted here)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Tue May 17, 2011 8:13 pm

I tried to tell you guys. The turd is a bot. It's a clever piece of hostile PHP code whose sole purpose is to incite and annoy.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeah, what else is new. It's a forum.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I agree fully Ritter. I rarely feel like participating in any thread anymore. I've just grown tired of the B.S. When I do come here I use the "new posts" link and cannot help but see it. It has such a simple solution too.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:47 pm

turk wrote:Yeah, what else is new. It's a forum.
Fuck off. Go ahead, ban me big moderator.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 pm

turk wrote:Yeah, what else is new. It's a forum.
You know, it's really sad that you get off on this shit. You've taken what used to be a pretty fun and insightful place and turned it into your own ghost town. Fuck you and fuck off. Go masturbate somewhere else you sick fucker.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 pm

You guys. C'mon. Is it about me? I just happen to have a well thought out opinion on the discussions I engage in. Is that so terrible? Ban me if you think it helps.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 pm

turk wrote:You guys. C'mon. Is it about me? I just happen to have a well thought out opinion on the discussions I engage in. Is that so terrible? Ban me if you think it helps.
I thought I said fuck off. Really. I did. Fuck off.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Westy78 wrote:
Fuck off.
Oh man. Someone even echoed my sentiment.

Turk, your behavior is that of a spoiled child. Your "contributions" have become meaningless because all you want to do is argue the technicality. Intellect like yours is why GE and Chevron pay less income tax than I do. Intellect like yours is the fucking problem. You give me the creeps like very, very few others. And I'm a pretty tolerant person. But I'm not a fucking pacifist either. Again, fuck off. There is no reason why you should be banned. You should know to adjust your behavior.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

turk wrote:You guys. C'mon. Is it about me? I just happen to have a well thought out opinion on the discussions I engage in. Is that so terrible? Ban me if you think it helps.
You're delusional. Seriously. Oh, and fuck off.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Westy78 wrote:
You're delusional. Seriously. Oh, and fuck off.
Thanks for the backup! :blackeye:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue May 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Guys guys guys. Do we really have to be so angry? We should accept the fact we use this forum to present our differences in opinion on important controversies. I'm sorry I seem to say what you don't want to hear. But, I am only engaging in the lively debate. If the debate is null, just don't engage in it.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 pm

turk wrote:Guys guys guys. Do we really have to be so angry? We should accept the fact we use this forum to present our differences in opinion on important controversies. I'm sorry I seem to say what you don't want to hear. But, I am only engaging in the lively debate. If the debate is null, just don't engage in it.
crickets wrote:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 pm

turk wrote: I'm sorry I seem to say what you don't want to hear.
yeah, like that's the problem. Turk ~ get it through your head; you are not operating with some superior intellect or truth. The problem isn't that we don't want to hear what you have say about something... we don't want to hear what you have to say about anything.

People here don't dislike you because you hold a viewpoint; they dislike you because of how you treat them.

L.