Fla. Libertarian Party Chairman to Surrender Driver’s Licens

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Fla. Libertarian Party Chairman to Surrender Driver’s Licens

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 17, 2011 6:41 am

http://1787network.com/2011/05/fla-libe ... d-protest/
Fla. Libertarian Party Chairman to Surrender Driver’s License in Real ID Protest
May 16, 2011 · Posted in News

i
2 Votes

Quantcast

CLEARWATER – Libertarian Party of Florida Chairman Adrian Wyllie will surrender his driver’s license in protest of Florida’s implementation of the Real ID Act at noon on Tuesday, May 17 at the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles office at 29399 Hwy 19 North in Clearwater (map). He has invited the public to witness the protest, and urges others to do the same.

Under the Real ID Act, state law requires that all applicants for a driver’s license or identification card submit an array of personal information, including an original birth certificate, social security card, marriage license(s), utility bills, and other documents. These documents are then scanned into an interstate database managed by the Department of Homeland security.

In addition to the new documentation requirements, Florida now requires that all driver’s license and state ID card applicants be subjected to a “digital facial image capture” that is compatible with facial recognition software. Wyllie believes that all of these intrusive requirements are a violation of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and his ultimate goal is to challenge Real ID in court. Wyllie has been outspoken on Real ID, as well as RFID and facial recognition use with drivers’ licenses on his syndicated AM radio show, Liberty Underground.

“After surrendering my driver’s license, I will immediately contact the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office to advise them that I am now driving in violation of Florida statute 322.03, paragraph 1,” said Wyllie.

It is his intention to attempt to renew his driver’s license without being subjected to the new, unconstitutional requirements under Real ID Act of 2005.

Should the DHSMV not allow him to renew his driver’s license under these conditions, he plans to surrender his driver’s license to them. However, he says that he will continue to drive as an exercise of his common law right, and as a protest to Real ID.

If necessary, Wyllie says he is willing to be arrested for driving without a driver’s license. “I will do so willingly and peacefully to avoid additional charges, such as resisting, obstruction, etc. Martyrdom is not my intention,” said Wyllie. “An arrest or citation under FS 322.03(1) would simply establish standing in court, so that I may challenge the law.”

Wyllie will assert that the DHSMV cannot compel one to produce the required documentation as a precondition of operating a personal vehicle. Nor can they require one to present personal papers or effects, or be subject to a “digital facial image capture” used for the purposes of facial recognition identification. Doing so would force one to waive one’s Fourth Amendment rights.

Since the Real ID Act requires that no person shall be recognized for any official federal government purpose without a Real ID compliant identification card or driver’s license, it places one in the position of having to waive their Fourth Amendment rights in order to be considered a recognized U.S. citizen.

When the Real ID Card Act of 2008 came out I said I wasn't going to get one. I did not know they were going sneak it in with FL Drivers Licenses. I think I have till my next renewal or 2017, which ever comes first.
I will have to look into becoming a Sovereign Citizen, a free man on the land.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Fla. Libertarian Party Chairman to Surrender Driver’s Li

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 am

Video of the gentleman noted in the above doing what he said above.

http://1787network.com/2011/05/video-wy ... es-police/

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Wed May 25, 2011 5:42 pm

From the FBI page on the Sovereign Citizen Movement:

"During the past year, we’ve had a number of investigative successes involving sovereign citizens. A few recent cases:

In Sacramento, two sovereign citizens were convicted of running a fraudulent insurance scheme. Operating outside state insurance regulatory guidelines, the men set up their own company and sold “lifetime memberships” to customers, promising to pay any accident claims against their “members.” The company collected millions of dollars, but paid out very few claims.

In Kansas City, three sovereign citizens were convicted of taking part in a conspiracy using phony diplomatic credentials. They charged customers between $450 and $2,000 for a diplomatic identification card, which would bestow upon the holder “sovereign” status—meaning they would enjoy diplomatic immunity from paying taxes and from being stopped or arrested by law enforcement.

In Las Vegas, four men affiliated with the sovereign citizen movement were arrested by the Nevada Joint Terrorism Task Force on federal money laundering, tax evasion, and weapons charges. The investigation involved an undercover operation, with two of the suspects allegedly laundering more than a million dollars from what they believed was a bank fraud scheme."

I guess when you're a law unto yourself, there's no such thing as fraud. :-k

Mike

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 am

I'll wager trying to keep insurance, liability and all, on the vehicle could be problematic for dude at this point.

"Sovereign Citizen" ideology, from a quick google search, seems to find it's roots in hard core Christian based white supremacy.

Not reassuring.

Yet I might be able to bring a left perspective to the same concept of "Sovereign Citizen" to the table, just not tonight. Must intake calories and collapse into bed for not enough sleep before the work day dictates my activity tomorrow.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 am

Lanval wrote:From the FBI page on the Sovereign Citizen Movement:

"During the past year, we’ve had a number of investigative successes involving sovereign citizens. A few recent cases:

In Sacramento, two sovereign citizens were convicted of running a fraudulent insurance scheme. Operating outside state insurance regulatory guidelines, the men set up their own company and sold “lifetime memberships” to customers, promising to pay any accident claims against their “members.” The company collected millions of dollars, but paid out very few claims.

In Kansas City, three sovereign citizens were convicted of taking part in a conspiracy using phony diplomatic credentials. They charged customers between $450 and $2,000 for a diplomatic identification card, which would bestow upon the holder “sovereign” status—meaning they would enjoy diplomatic immunity from paying taxes and from being stopped or arrested by law enforcement.

In Las Vegas, four men affiliated with the sovereign citizen movement were arrested by the Nevada Joint Terrorism Task Force on federal money laundering, tax evasion, and weapons charges. The investigation involved an undercover operation, with two of the suspects allegedly laundering more than a million dollars from what they believed was a bank fraud scheme."

Mike
The news, the FBI?
Guess they are getting worried.
The news and the FBI, the two last places I would go for information pertaining to the unveiling of lost truths that would hurt their perceived power.
I like how they started labeling it has a movement sometime in the past.
It's the principles this country was founded on. After a generation, people were born knowing how great this new free country was, without understanding. Then a complete change in mindset. A few people still knew, and thanks to the Internet more know. Now it has been labeled.
Sorta like the hippie movement, in another thread it is noted what it used to mean, but it is now understood as just having sex whenever with whomever, or is it just being stinky, or is it anti Vietnam?
I just experienced first hand how much potential for deception exist in the news.

Edited to add,
When I did some looking into this just two years ago and I did a search on words, I found those words in documents, writings and such from the past. In a variety of places. When I did the search the other day to make sure I had definitions and such correct, it was really hard. The first few pages seem to be nothing but on something called the "Sovereign Citizens Movement", and yes, mostly how the FBI is now looking into it. I noticed this for a few other things lately. It is becoming harder to find good info when doing a google search. It can get flooded with tons of crap. A few weeks ago I was looking up something and all I could get was stuff about a movie or video game. What I was searching had nothing to do with the movie or the game. But they gave the movie, or a character in the movie, the same name.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 6:55 am

Lanval wrote:

Mike
That statement is a misinterpretation. Thanks
But if you want to look at those who break a law, or supposedly broke a law as a gage of a system, then sure. Let's look at the system that does not think of themselves as Individual Sovereign Citizens with inherent rights to property, those who think of them self's as Citizens of US, a great collective who elect leaders from a couple parties who then tell them there rights. How many of them have broke a law. Dam, I'm not counting the digits of that number, billion, trillion or more. Well let's see about the number in prison. Oh, the US has one of the largest percents of it's population behind bars. Chee, looks like the other system that most adhered to in this country isn't too good either, in fact I'd say much worse.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Thu May 26, 2011 8:56 am

steve74baywin wrote:, the two last places I would go for information pertaining to the unveiling of lost truths that would hurt their perceived power.

Steve, if the truth were truly lost, you wouldn't know it. It'd be lost. There are plenty of smart people who are well aware of the Libertarian beliefs and (rightly) reject them as a paranoid fantasy designed to free the individual from the responsibility of caring/dealing with other people.

The 'truth' isn't lost ~ it's not 'truth'.

Mike

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

Lanval wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:, the two last places I would go for information pertaining to the unveiling of lost truths that would hurt their perceived power.

Steve, if the truth were truly lost, you wouldn't know it. It'd be lost. There are plenty of smart people who are well aware of the Libertarian beliefs and (rightly) reject them as a paranoid fantasy designed to free the individual from the responsibility of caring/dealing with other people.

The 'truth' isn't lost ~ it's not 'truth'.

Mike
Not lost entirely, just lost in the minds of most.
Some of what you say sounds like a cult, sounds like false propaganda to keep one believing some ideal. Who or what would create a system as you say designed to do that? Do you believe in conspiracy theory, if so tell me about this group behind it?
Designed to free the individual from the responsibility of caring/dealing with other people.
To me, having a giant group use guns to force money from people with the promise to take care of other people with that money sounds more like a system designed "to free the individual from the responsibility of caring/dealing with other people." then mine. I would, and did, help my neighbor who was in need. Now, there were some people I know that do not come close to my views, and they said screw him, there are plenty of programs out there to help him, he is too stupid to use them, or did too much wrong and can't use them, screw him, not there problem. That came from Collectivist, not an Individual, not from me a Libertarian.
This is very interesting.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am

It's hard to get any peace anymore. Winston and Julia couldn't find it either, even after taking great pains to screw in the wilderness. Pet tracking implants. If you build another lane on a highway it quickly gets filled with new traffic. With the beast out of the box, what are it's creators to do? Ride the kinetic energy to the bottom...
Naussica and the Valley of the Wind, see it if you haven't.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Here's Paul Cienfuegos, who talks about sovereign people, democracy, power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nyXeubik5s

Towards the end of the first clip.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 am

hambone wrote: Naussica and the Valley of the Wind, see it if you haven't.
Is that animated and from the 80's?

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

“After surrendering my driver’s license, I will immediately contact the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office to advise them that I am now driving in violation of Florida statute 322.03, paragraph 1,” said Wyllie.

Well if he driving without a valid driver's license, he should just plead guilty. If he goes to jail, he might want to re-consider just how he voted last time.

For the record, I am not a big fan of "real ID" either. I think they ask for a lot of information that they really don't need or cannot deal with anyway.
79 VW Bus

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:15 am

Randy in Maine wrote:“After surrendering my driver’s license, I will immediately contact the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office to advise them that I am now driving in violation of Florida statute 322.03, paragraph 1,” said Wyllie.

Well if he driving without a valid driver's license, he should just plead guilty. If he goes to jail, he might want to re-consider just how he voted last time.

For the record, I am not a big fan of "real ID" either. I think they ask for a lot of information that they really don't need or cannot deal with anyway.
He hasn't been pulled over yet.
He stated he was doing it so he could challenge in court how having to provide the docs they now want would cause him to violate his 4th amendment. It is interesting, if memory serves me from the vid, the DMV clerked asked if he was turning in his license or surrendering his right to drive. He said turning in his license.

Neil, I just watched that vid of Paul Cienfuegos, seems good, I am watching #2 now.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

Of course most people in Florida don't have valid driver's license anyway, and most of them really can't drive so it is kind of a wash. Most of them don't have insurance at all, but that is neither here nor there.

However if you are going to drive, you had better have a valid license. I cannot imagine a 4th amendment arguement that would hold up in court.

Whatever....
79 VW Bus

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:37 am

Randy in Maine wrote: However if you are going to drive, you had better have a valid license. I cannot imagine a 4th amendment arguement that would hold up in court.

Your right, he has a tough battle ahead of him.