Obama Issues Executive Order Institutionalizing Indefinite D

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Obama Issues Executive Order Institutionalizing Indefini

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 am

Lanval wrote: Is there anything in your experience to suggest that everyone is willing to operate ethically and fairly according to the law of the land?

I was thinking you ought to read Locke and Hobbes. Let it suffice to say, people are the problem. Libertarians hang their hat upon the notion that everyone will play by the rules. They won't ~ we know it, 'cause we see it every day. Heinlein made this argument in The Stainless Steel Rat years ago, and it remains true. The issue is never the tool; it's always the user who wields it. In the hands of one man a tool may save a life; in another, take a life. The tool is innocent, the man is not.

The problem isn't the system, it's the people running it. If you have good people, the everything is fine, regardless of the system. If you have bad people, everything is not fine, regardless of the system.

L.
Here is a big and important misunderstanding.
Limited government to protect people from hurting, killing, stealing (to sum it up)
You are worried about people not obeying the law of the land, well, remember there will just be a few laws, easier to catch and try people if there are less laws.
This "issue isn't the tool, it is the man", but if you have a gov that man can constantly change, you have a gov that is always a problem. man being able to use and change that tool. Limit it, make it fixed, be done with it.
We would still have people to enforce the limited laws we would have.
We don't hang our hat on the fact that everyone will play by the rules, we have the limited rules and a gov to enforce them.
Now we do believe that people self police, in other words the crappy handy man in town ends up getting very little work, the good handy man will get more work...Laws of nature. Even with a ton of laws to try and prevent people from getting screwed by a handy man, it still happens, sometimes even more now cause people shop by fancy adds, instead of word of mouth like it used to be.
Not for nothing, but I am glad you brought that up. There are a few misconceptions about the Libertarian party that are so incorrect many of us believe it is a case of someone intentionally spreading a falsehood.
Remember, limited government to enforce the limited number of rules. How much easier to enforce a few basic laws over what we have today.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 11:30 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Lanval wrote:The issue is never the tool; it's always the user who wields it.
Well, that's why we revere the Founding Father's isn't it? Their willingness to forgo self-interest in favor of the needs of the many. That right there puts the lie to your claims. The problem isn't the system, it's the people running it. If you have good people, the everything is fine, regardless of the system. If you have bad people, everything is not fine, regardless of the system.

L.
Thank-you . . . there you go.
I love this government, this sapling of an experiment in representative democracy that PREceded the twisted choking vines of subsequent economic domination. Yet, I'd be declared all sorts of stupid things while I was trying to flesh out more subtle angles.
Thank you, so now we all see the need for a limited Libertarian form of Government. Man is the problem so why would we want a system that constantly elects men to office who can constantly change the rules. Set the government in place, fixed, limited, unchangeable, and then MAN IS OUT OF THE EQUATION.
Do you suggest we constantly trust a MAN that is on the TV time and time again we trust and elect MEN.
I do understand you don't see it my way yet, but you should.
Men are the problem, so lets keep trusting and electing tons of men who can change and do all sorts of things. Let's make a system that let's men run wild and amok. Makes alot of sense, NOT

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed May 18, 2011 11:36 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:I was trying to flesh out more subtle angles.
Set the government in place, fixed, limited, unchangeable, and then MAN IS OUT OF THE EQUATION.
Do you suggest we constantly trust a MAN that is on the TV time and time again we trust and elect MEN.
I do understand you don't see it my way yet, but you should.

Men are the problem, so lets keep trusting and electing tons of men who can change and do all sorts of things. Let's make a system that let's men run wild and amok. Makes alot of sense, NOT
Oh well.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 am

Amskeptic wrote:

Oh well.
Dam, I'm getting exhausted posting.
You all are putting me to work.
I like it, but I think I need to get up for a few.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 1:45 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

Oh well.
Dam, I'm getting exhausted posting.
You all are putting me to work.
I like it, but I think I need to get up for a few.
During my break I went outside to check my voicemail, no good coverage inside.
While talking to someone I got another message. FOX 13 Tampa wants to interview a hypnotist for the 10pm news tonight. So I am office to the office to meet them.
I will be sure to mention you all and the experiments, um, I mean talks that we have on here.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:25 pm

If there is a link to the interview I hope you post that. Even if I get banned now, I will like to see it.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 3:47 pm

turk wrote:If there is a link to the interview I hope you post that. Even if I get banned now, I will like to see it.
We are hoping we can record it, then I can put it somewhere to be viewed.
I just got back from it. He had an assistant with him, she got to sit in the chair, when she got up from the chair she was mumbling something about Global Elite, NWO. :profileleft:
Funny how most of my clients are mumbling that when they leave...... ONLY JOKING
I could have alot of fun with this.
Anyway, 10pm tonight.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:05 pm

North Port High School?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

ruckman101 wrote:North Port High School?

neal
What?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Hypnotist story.

neal

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Hypnotist story.

neal
I don't know about the High School you mentioned.
I was called up today by FOX 13, they wanted to interview a Hypnotist.
That is how I make my money. So they interviewed me from like 5:30 to 6 and will show
a small part on the news....Sorta one of those fill in stories. They asked me questions, it was pertaining to my work. It would be awesome if they gave me an hour to talk political, but talking about what I do is cool to. That might bring me in some more money.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm

steve74baywin wrote:

neal
That is how I make my money. So they interviewed me from like 5:30 to 6 and will show
a small part on the news....Sorta one of those fill in stories. They asked me questions, it was pertaining to my work. It would be awesome if they gave me an hour to talk political, but talking about what I do is cool to. That might bring me in some more money.
You probably should, since that's almost certainly why they called you, and you're going to take some heat. Linkie-poo to the story in question:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/l ... e-05182011

I think Neal's trying to help you out, or possibly just comment on a surprising coincidence.

FWIW, I think you can expect less-than-fair treatment from Fox, given the context. Conservatives are not known for tolerating belief/belief systems that lie outside of the conservative Christian mainstream.

L.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Free ink as they say. The principal at Tampa's North Port High School has apparently been giving students there one on one hypnosis sessions, at the student's request, with parental permission, in an effort to improve those students grades/athletic performances. Recently, one of those students committed suicide shortly after a session and it's gotten people's dander up.

FOX, eh, I wonder how that will play out.

neal

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed May 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Lanval wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:

neal
You probably should, since that's almost certainly why they called you, and you're going to take some heat. Linkie-poo to the story in question:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/l ... e-05182011

I think Neal's trying to help you out, or possibly just comment on a surprising coincidence.

FWIW, I think you can expect less-than-fair treatment from Fox, given the context. Conservatives are not known for tolerating belief/belief systems that lie outside of the conservative Christian mainstream.

L.
Thank you L and Neil
I had no idea.
That's maybe why he called me.
He never mentioned that. Asked some questions that were not out of character or that I could say was because he had that on his mind. He had an assistant with him, and he had her sit down for me to give an idea what it is.
Whether directly related or not I'm sure it had something to do with him thinking of interviewing a hypnotist.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Wed May 18, 2011 4:43 pm

ah well, here's hoping they treat you fairly. Not what I expect from the media generally (whatever their political leanings), but maybe they're really just trying to give a sense of what it's all about.

Hope it helps your gig.

Best,

L