Bin Laden Dead

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Bin Laden Dead

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 17, 2011 5:09 am

airkooledchris wrote:
steve74baywin wrote: And I still wouldn't want block out every and anything they might ever say because I am making a decision that everything they may say will be of no use ever again. Arrogance
What's the harm in having the choice?
Does knowing that one has potentially been blocked by some make posting less interesting for everyone, or just to the person that was ignored?
I don't know if there is a harm in having the choice, I'm just stating why I wouldn't use it. I do think it would better serve people to not use it. A repeat of what I said but said differently--A person may miss out on something beneficial to them with it blocked, and a person may miss out on the opportunity to improve their ability to control how they let things effect themselves.

To your second question, it may make it less interesting to some, it may make it less interesting to the one ignored, not really sure.....The main thing it may do is give the person who choices the blocking some form of self gratification and power that he thinks he didn't have before....In other words, he couldn't control himself enough, so by ignoring the other person, he now feels in control again.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 am

steve74baywin wrote:To your second question, it may make it less interesting to some, it may make it less interesting to the one ignored, not really sure.....The main thing it may do is give the person who choices the blocking some form of self gratification and power that he thinks he didn't have before....In other words, he couldn't control himself enough, so by ignoring the other person, he now feels in control again.
that's exactly the kind of arrogant attitude some may wish to ignore completely, be it a he or she.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 am

airkooledchris wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:To your second question, it may make it less interesting to some, it may make it less interesting to the one ignored, not really sure.....The main thing it may do is give the person who choices the blocking some form of self gratification and power that he thinks he didn't have before....In other words, he couldn't control himself enough, so by ignoring the other person, he now feels in control again.
that's exactly the kind of arrogant attitude some may wish to ignore completely, be it a he or she.
That could be.
I'm just saying what I think to be the most correct thing.
Perhaps people are too used to being told what they want to hear.
It seems are Politicians say what the people want to hear.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 pm

None of them say what I want to hear. I need to change the channel. :cyclopsani:

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Velokid1 wrote:None of them say what I want to hear. I need to change the channel. :cyclopsani:
Or, alternatively you could run for a gov't position. The underlying premise of the democratic republic is that you can be represented directly (run for office) or indirectly (vote for someone who represents your interests).

So long as your actions and language match, you win.

L.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Lanval wrote: So long as your actions and language match, you win.

:cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 pm

airkooledchris wrote:
glasseye wrote:It is sucking, though. :pukeleft: Ever since the "ignore" button disappeared.
that would be a welcomed feature again and help prevent an exodus.
The new version of PHPBB (the one we upgraded to a few months ago) does not have an ignore function. Instead you list that user as a "Foe" in your user control panel. Same effect. I prefer the old style ignore button too but that is no longer an option. Hopefully someone will come up with a mod soon.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------