IAC Addict!

Re: Political Hot Water

Post by skin daddio » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:29 pm

oprah regularly tries to be kind.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:55 pm

And she's being kind by not supporting Obama's second campaign for the President of the U.S.A.. I agree 100%.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Obama and Michelle will be guests on Oprah's show April 27. Apparently her decision to not publically endorse Obama is based on her fears of slipping ratings, especially as she is trying to launch her new network.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Ironic no? What comes first, capitalism or virtue? Or both. The quandary of the public persona. I like Donald Trump's side-show, though I think he is a huckster.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:32 pm

should not be a problem, trump is a sharp tongue opportunist cobjob yankee skank who drifts into conversations and shits his shit all over the tilting shit. jesus christ, ogle trump or wash the mrs. in the queen's bath. but do what you gotta do.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm encouraged Trump is courting the Tea Party. Birds of a feather.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 am

ruckman101 wrote:I'm encouraged Trump is courting the Tea Party. Birds of a feather.

neal
political cold water.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:24 am

I don't mind bigger government as no matter what the different parties say at election time - it gets bigger. My problem is how to pay for it! GOP wants to cut, cut, cut Social services and education which is crazy to me at this time. We should be investing in Education and the people in need and taking care of the elderly and cutting the Military budget. Leave the oil corporations to handle the Iraq's and Libya's as we and there to protect their profits. Stop the tax breaks for the corporations as their tax burden has gone down since the 60's...leaving record profits...Increase taxes on the top earners, say above $250k a year back to 38%, they can afford it.
Otherwise in a few short years the US will be a barely educated bunch of low wage workers and who will work at these fancy service jobs at the corporations? Who will make enough money to keep this "consumer society" running with their frenzied buying of consumer goods? Not Mr Walmart worker.
Oh, I can't stand Oprah and her BS as its all smoke and mirrors just like the Tea Party.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 am

Absolutely, Bleyseng. Right on the money.

We have a bunch of very confused decision-makers. Confused and also ruled by their emotions. You know how they say not to drive when you're angry, make big decisions when you're depressed, or shop for groceries when you're very hungry. Policy makers shouldn't make decisions when they are feeling political, nor when they are drunk on money.

Cutting social programs, there is just no excuse for it. Same goes for education, x100.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 am

theyre not confused ..and theres only one emotion ruling their decisions : fear. Fear of losing their job.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

considering what and how much why it takes to campaign, imagine the mellocentricity it must take to do the job. i would be monica, pizza, monica, pizza all damn day. being a politician is not an entirely altruistic sport. politics as a vocation.. weber summed it up for the times. i cut politicians so much slack already for being nosy poking busy-bodies.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Bleyseng wrote:I don't mind bigger government as no matter what the different parties say at election time - it gets bigger.
But we have got to challenge all this blather, the government as a percentage of GDP has NOT grown appreciably. It is still hovering around 21 to 24% as it has for generations!
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:43 pm

lol, if you want to not be offended by Turk, just stay out of Free Speech.