Corporate Taxes!!!!!!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Re: Corporate Taxes!!!!!!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 pm

RussellK wrote:You may have to choose none then. It seems crazy but some corporations donate funds to both candidates.
That's not crazy. That's smart. No matter which one wins, you own them.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Velokid1 wrote:
RussellK wrote:You may have to choose none then. It seems crazy but some corporations donate funds to both candidates.
Velo, you're right about the language and the difference between "government" and the "corrupt individuals who have hijacked government". It's sad, though, when there is no difference because because both candidates have sold out.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am

The government is a corporation. Does anybody think it's not? The taxpayers and people are the stockholders.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

BellePlaine wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:
Velo, you're right about the language and the difference between "government" and the "corrupt individuals who have hijacked government". It's sad, though, when there is no difference because because both candidates have sold out.
I disagree. There is still a big difference. Both candidates being installed by corporations is the problem, and a very serious one, but that conundrum doesn't change the meaning of words. There is the government, which is a rather brilliant creation as we know it here in the U.S., and the dollar-sucking bastids who use wealth stolen from the masses to put themselves at the helm of the government.

So what do we do about it? I really don't know.

I have a feeling though that we would make more headway by supporting organizations who are working hard for things like public campaign finance, and spreading THEIR message all over the internet, rather than spreading the misguided and misinformed message of the Tea Party and other knee-jerk Republicans that "government" is bad.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm

turk wrote:The government is a corporation. Does anybody think it's not? The taxpayers and people are the stockholders.
The Government is not a corporation.

Our Charter does not devote itself to making money, it is devoted to certain self-evident truths and the pursuit of happiness, unfettered by King George Corporations garnishing your wages to pay late fees and balloon interest penalties that were dreamed up not by idealists like our Founding Fathers, but by seedy arrogant intensely greedy assholes who could not give less of a damn about the general welfare.
Our government is a beautiful and audacious experiment that is in grave danger.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Campaign finance reform. Candidates and politicians know campaign finance reform is needed. Junkies know they need to clean up. Easier said than done.

Heck, I'd even go for unions not being allowed to contribute to political campaigns, but only if corporations and businesses are also out of the loop. Individuals only with a reasonable cap.

Representative democracy good, elite corporate plutocracy bad. Hey, that corporate CEO took eleven of our twelve cookies! I hope he eats himself fat, bloated and sick.

Personally, not paying a dime in taxes, and getting a refund, heck, I won't even be greedy, just a paltry million, I could do pretty good by myself with just the one return.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.