Synthetic cannabis

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Synthetic cannabis

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 pm

This is probably old news for most of you, but I thought this was pretty interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Synthetic cannabis

Post by turk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in it, unless someone had some and I tried it and liked it. Pot is too good on its own as it is, even though I don't do it anymore. I love the smell, taste, etc., of good stuff. Something trying to imitate it would probably not come close to the real thing. I could be wrong of course. If anyone's tried this "Spice" please post on it. I think legalization will probably make quality decline in pot, as well as price increase; but you could always grow it yourself I guess. I think legalization might help save money for the government but the commercial stuff will probably go down in quality, while up in price. Again, I'm not a smoker so that doesn't matter I guess.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 pm

"On 24 November 2010, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency announced it would make five synthetic cannabinoids Schedule I drugs within a month using emergency powers"

Emergency? Afraid someone will smoke some and sit around the house eating Doritos instead of going out and stabbing someone in a bar fight like with nice, legal alcohol?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:26 am

The effects of Spice are nothing like cannabis. It appears similar to someone who doesn't know what cannabis looks like, and that's where the similarities stop. It's green, dried herbs and it gives kids a mild buzz. Some kids have smoked Spice and then gotten hurt doing stupid things... locally, some kids had smoked Spice downtown, and when the cops came by the square to confront them about it, the kids told the cops it was a legal substance they had purchased at the corner market, one kid resisted the cops' harassment, a scuffle started, the kid fell and hit his head on a curb and guess what the headline was the next day: "Synthetic marijuana causes children to collapse and suffer concussions all over the U.S.! And it's legal!!"

It would be funny if it weren't so scary, the way officials freak out over these things.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Velokid1 wrote:
It would be funny if it weren't so scary, the way officials freak out over these things.
And they are not really freaking out. They are pretending to.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles