Bill Ripkin baseball card

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Bill Ripkin baseball card

Post by Sylvester » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 pm

On Snopes.com, you can do a random viewing and find interesting things out. I surfed and read until I found the story about Bill Ripkin and the "Fuck Face" Fleer baseball card.

I was so interested in the story and the cards, I bough both. Read the story so I don't have to cut and paste.

From Snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ripkencard.asp
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

yondermtn
Old School!

Re: Bill Ripkin baseball card

Post by yondermtn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Interesting. My brother and I had several of these and the various corrected cards. This was when we were really into baseball cards. I still don't know what to believe.
1977 Westy 2.0FI
1990 Vanagon MV 2.1 Auto

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Bill Ripkin baseball card

Post by Sylvester » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

yondermtn wrote:Interesting. My brother and I had several of these and the various corrected cards. This was when we were really into baseball cards. I still don't know what to believe.
I believe the statement Bill said in 2008, I think this is just too funny and had to have them just for the hell of it.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.