First WikiLeaks Revolution?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: First WikiLeaks Revolution?

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 am

What's so funny about peace love and understanding. In fact what is so fucking threatening about peace love and understanding.

Oh, yeah, the death industry. Big money there.

What are the returns?

Increasingly, I can't vacation out of the US without fear of death kidnapping bullshit antagonism against what???

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 am

Like Nick Lowe said. But he is wrong because it's not that anyone thinks it's funny in the least. Those that do are not thinkin much.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 am

Nick Lowe is not wrong.

neal

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

ruckman101 wrote:Bullshit. Saddam let us know about his plans to invade Kuwait. We didn't bat an eye so Saddam took it as a wink of approval. I guess that's when we let him know we were cutting him loose. Plus we had all that new war technology to test in the field. I guess the Bush thought that was enough. Oops. 'Salright, the shrub picked it up. Sigh. How long has it been since the shrub declared victory in the Iraq war while standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier in his top gun costume?

neal
Steaming bullshit. Go to Wikileaks and read the entire transcript. Sure, in hindsight she was naive when she reported:
HIS EMPHASIS THAT HE WANTS PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT IS SURELY SINCERE (IRAQIS ARE SICK OF WAR),
But you really have to twist the context to support the notion that he was letting us know about plans to invade and we winked at them.

It's clear enough to me that when she said:
SHE WISHED TO USE HER LIMITED TIME WITH THE PRESIDENT TO STRESS FIRST PRESIDENT BUSH'S DESIRE FOR FRIENDSHIP AND, SECOND, HIS STRONG DESIRE, SHARED WE ASSUME BY IRAQ, FOR PEACE AND STABILITY IN THE MID EAST.
and:
THE AMBASSADOR SAID THAT SHE HAD SERVED IN KUWAIT 20 YEARS BEFORE; THEN, AS NOW, WE TOOK NO POSITION ON THESE ARAB AFFAIRS.
That she was delivering a boilerplate message, not answering the question "Do you care if I invade Kuwait?"

This statement seems simple enough:
AMBASSADOR MADE CLEAR THAT WE CAN NEVER EXCUSE SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES BY OTHER THAN PEACEFUL MEANS
http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/201 ... ddams.html

When you listen to people who start with a narrative, and go looking for only those things that support it, you will get that narrative. That's how propaganda works. If you step back, read everything in context, and use Occam's razor to make your own reasonable judgment, you may reach a different conclusion.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am

My favorite comment of the day:
Signing treaties with Russia is as meaningless as awarding a Nobel Peace Prize to a guy conducting two wars and dropping bombs on villagers in Pakistan (without UN permission, I might add).

Russians don't abide by treaties and they never have. Like the Chinese, they simply view it as an exercise in naive Westerners unilaterally disarming themselves.
link
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Russians don't abide by treaties and they never have. Like the Chinese, they simply view it as an exercise in naive Westerners unilaterally disarming themselves.
That's a good point that doesn't need to be bolstered by the false implication that the United States does honor treaties. The U.S. often does not.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 pm

You like my post?

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 pm

So, taking a fresh look, did April Glaspie give "tacit approval" or at least refrain from objecting to an Iraqi invasion?

The general verdict: Not Guilty.
Well well, I never believed we gave Saddam any approval to invade Kuwait. I was in Kuwait long after the invasion, I did the tours of the parts of the city that the Iraqis tore apart while they were there. I am sure they truly still hate the Iraqi's.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Surreal to watch Brian Williams and Richard Angle together reporting live from an Egyptian hotel balcony overlooking the unrest in the square. We got two distinct and vastly different perspectives.

neal

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 am

Am I substantiating Glenn Beck's claims?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/20110204/c ... dmYWNlb2Y-

Cartoonists can capture it visually.

I do like Ted Rall's cartoons better than his columns. I don't have to think as hard.

neal

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Here's another "perspective" from an up and coming American Leader, Sarah Palin. Her Analysis of Obama Administration's Response To Egypt's Turmoil:

And nobody yet has, nobody yet has explained to the American public what they know, and surely they know more than the rest of us know who it is who will be taking the place of Mubarak and no, not, not real enthused about what it is that that’s being done on a national level and from DC in regards to understanding all the situation there in Egypt. And, in these areas that are so volatile right now, because obviously it’s not just Egypt but the other countries too where we are seeing uprisings, we know that now more than ever, we need strength and sound mind there in the White House. We need to know what it is that America stands for so we know who it is that America will stand with. And, we do not have all that information yet.

What did she just SAY?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

I think she said she can see Egypt from her house.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 am

Colbert pulled off a great one recently:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... l-o-reilly

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:03 am

Can we hope this is the beginning of the end of the "New World Order"?

neal

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 am

Velokid1 wrote:Colbert pulled off a great one recently:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... l-o-reilly
That was excellent. Colbert was getting overtaken by his own mirth.
But . . . Jesus . . . did Bill O paint a huge target on himself.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles