Black Tea Party

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Black Tea Party

Post by turk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 am

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs ... _party.php

To be fair, I should comment on the link. I have no opinion on it other than I think the basic values of the Tea Party are grossly misunderstood and misrepresented in the media. Only a few sources once in a while give it a fair shake.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Black Tea Party

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks, that post reconfirms all my opinions of the tea party folks.
Another Breitbart stooge.

http://minglecity.com/profiles/blogs/an ... rging-lies

"In conclusion, it is evident and well documented that Ashawnita MonCrief aka Anita MonCrief is simply the latest person of color to attempt to reap a financial windfall by spreading conservative lies and disinformation about liberals and progressives and does so at the expense of the poor black community she claims to come from. The website Emerging Corruption is just a mirror of the many conservative propaganda outlets that are staffed by conservative bloggers and online radio host that are hoping someone over at the partisan Fox "fake" News Channel notices them so they too can have a big payday like Sarah Palin by spewing ridiculous, unsubstantiated rumors and outright lies about those whom the GOP and its corporate pay masters deem enemies which quite often turn out to be the poor and middle class families of America and anyone else who gets in the way of their profits."

Ayep, she called out ACORN after they fired her for using an organization credit card for personal purchases.

Very noble of her to relocate to Texas from Washington DC to launch this "Black" tea party group to prove the tea party folks aren't racist.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I will not make a judgement. Surely the Tea Party is smeared as racist in the media though.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:36 pm

It isn't a smear if it's true.

neal

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Are you opining that the tea party and being republican are the same?
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 pm

No, I am not opining that the tea party and being republican are the same. :scratch:

neal

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:38 am

well your quote uses the word "conservatives" I don't think that would be anything but a code word for republicans.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 pm

I've been told there are many moderate republicans.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Not to digress, I post this youtube vid as a rebuttal to the smear of racism by the media on the Tea Party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CLPhz0 ... r_embedded

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

lol, another Breitbart/Koch stooge. Amazing that they were able to find that handful of people of color amongst the crowd in Washington DC. Certainly not representative of city's population, given the majority of citizens are folks of color. Check out a different video by Nathanial Alexander Stuart, "National Tea Party Convention". I didn't spot a single face of color, except for the security guards, in Nashville, Tennesee.

Apparently Nathanial Alexander Stuart thinks he looks like Jesus.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 am

Obsessed with "racism"? That and conspiracies to keep it alive.. Why don't you post the link. Not sure what to make of the comment.

Here, this is enjoyable if you can get past a little pre-conditioned bias to assume everything in American politics that raises voices against the progressive agenda must boil down to race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKofFIve ... re=related

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Ahem, obsessed? Who started this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/user/bignatt#p/u/7/VcT0mmGcKu0

neal

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKofFIve ... re=related

Ayep, Racism hasn't gone away by any means. It's still an issue systemic in our society. How racially diverse are the elites in this country?

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Race is not an issue in the Tea Party. That's a diversion. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is an issue for you apparently though. Am I misreading you again?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Why would the tea party be an oasis of racist free sensibilities? Rather, fear of a black president underlies much of the fear flamed by those who took over and turned the tea party into an astroturf organization. The destruction of the country! goes the cry. Destruction of white privilege the fear.

The tea party "doth protest too much".

neal