Climate Of Hate - Paul Krugman

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Re: Climate Of Hate - Paul Krugman

Post by deschutestrout » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 pm

turk wrote:The implication is this is a result of " ". That it needs to be more civil or this is just the beginning we saw. Whether you think so or not, that is the implication.
I'm not a "grammarian" by any means...but this absolutely defies any proper use of the english language, leading to mutual understanding, that I've ever seen.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:52 pm

I don't have to provide sources. It's the implication in the original post. As far as inflammatory language, it's common knowledge it has been in politics throughout history. So no need to tabulate it. Play dumb if you want.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:09 pm

turk wrote:Play dumb if you want.
For once, it's you saying this to someone else.

You apply turk-rules arbitrarily, based on convenience.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

I don't make the rules. But even if I did, there's nothing in this topic, or my posts that needs further sources. It's plainly obvious. There was never a connection between Loughner and the right-wing. Politics have always been inflammatory, and always will be. Incendiary rhetoric is non-partisan. You want to stir it up and argue that?
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm

A message to progressives: By all means, hang Sen. Joe Lieberman in effigy.

Paul Krugman
link

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 pm

:scratch:

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't make the rules.

You just laid down about a half dozen new rules 6 hours ago, didn't you?
But even if I did, there's nothing in this topic, or my posts that needs further sources.

OK, so we're setting some real parameters here. Just be sure you hold others to the same standard and we'll be golden.
There was never a connection between Loughner and the right-wing.

No, there have actually been many connections made, though that's beside the point. I just listed a few of those connections here a few days ago.
Politics have always been inflammatory, and always will be. Incendiary rhetoric is non-partisan. You want to stir it up and argue that?
No, in fact, I argued the same point earlier this week, but you failed to follow what I was saying and then flamed me for arguing the same point you were making.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 am

That's a mixed bag of charges. So, since I'm not required to answer any, I'll just say, post the "flame" incident if you want.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

since I'm not required to answer any
Oh brother. And I'm "required" to go find it for you just because you're too lazy to click your mouse on anything you're trying NOT to see? Get real, Eric. We all see through you.

And the notion that you wouldn't remember flaming me just 48 hours ago means that either you're a liar or you really do have zero regard for other people and the way you affect them.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 am

I know the incident, and it's not a flame, and there's no reason to bring it up. If you wanna continue this charade you're welcome to it. :bootyshake: