Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm

What shows if there is a lot of detachments? :geek:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Warming Not Cooling <8-O

Post by turk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Zero replies.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 pm

No, "What is...zero replies" isn't this like a game show? :joker:

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 pm

It can be. Okay, maestro: Jeopardy theme music while deschutes considers what reply to make...
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

I was gonna reply in an ancient African dialect, as fed to me by my way more knowledgable staff with a bank of computers and google access..., but I'll let'r slide :flower: Double Jeopardy!

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 pm

U win the Daily Double regardless.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:03 pm

The slipper has no teeth.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:25 pm

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Just using common sense, humans just arrived here in the evolutionary scheme, and civilization has only been around, what 3,000 or 5,000 years? And technologically interdependent civilization a FEW HUNDRED years past? So, this Homo Sapiens species just came outta nowhere for all intents and purposes. It seems like it was pretty adaptive to a variety of climatic conditions to me. To now pretend it can't handle some slight change in climate in the next hundred or two hundred years seems slightly counterintuitive, assuming this race keeps advancing at the rate it has.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:26 pm

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

That would be "common sense". Common, widespread; general; ordinary. Your opinions and threads of thought that lead you to your conclusions are uncommon, narrow, niched, and unordinary, else they would be commonly shared.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Common sense ain't common. I wanted another quote but Will Rogers' will do. You're right. It's instinct I guess.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 pm

And a very successful disinformation campaign.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:14 pm

All I know is what I think I know. I presume that's the same for you and others. We all decide what we know based on what we perceive.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 pm

turk wrote:Just using common sense, humans just arrived here in the evolutionary scheme, and civilization has only been around, what 3,000 or 5,000 years? And technologically interdependent civilization a FEW HUNDRED years past? So, this Homo Sapiens species just came outta nowhere for all intents and purposes. It seems like it was pretty adaptive to a variety of climatic conditions to me. To now pretend it can't handle some slight change in climate in the next hundred or two hundred years seems slightly counterintuitive, assuming this race keeps advancing at the rate it has.
This is amazingly blase. Inform yourself of the mechanics of species adaptation. In as many instances of "successful" adaptation, are instances of die-offs when the habitat shifts. Climate shifts habitats. We are very much at "maximum utilization" right now. Any shift will stress our adaptation. When you look at the spoiled brats who stampede and kill at WalMart, imagine that stampede when a city has to empty out.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 am

Yeah, that figures. I'm just a dumb hog wrestler that know shit 'bout "mechanics of species adaption". The big die-offs are coming Skep. You bet. I can see the cities emptying out when the temperature goes up on average 1 degree over a hunnerd years.