Where's Steponme?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Where's Steponme?

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:23 pm

Now that I am aware that IAC is supposedly where we "hippies" came, and I take the term hippie to mean a person motivated and impressed by things other than money and with a social conscience... where the heck is Steponmebbboom? Or however the heck that blacksmithing, stinkfooted counterculture icon spells his username.

Shouldn't he be here with us, stinking up the place and getting all thoughtful and caring? Cuz apparently the Samba was the biker gang, banker, capitalist hangout and they hate folks like Step, according to another member here. (<<sarcasm)

Seriously though... has Step dropped by?

Greg

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:58 pm

He's on the memberlist Greg. Has one post.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:38 pm

I was in conversation with him re: sterring box rebuild he was going to do before everyone came over here. He did post once and I sent a pm to him to ask why he was not posting over here and I was still interested in box. No answer and saw that he was still posting on TS. Don,t know whats up but do miss his input and told him so in pm. Hope he will give up the ghost and chip in, I found him interesting. Barb

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Yep, very helpful and interesting chap.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Elwood wrote:I was in conversation with him re: steering box rebuild he was going to do before everyone came over here. He did post once and I sent a pm to him to ask why he was not posting over here and I was still interested in box. No answer and saw that he was still posting on TS. Don't know whats up but do miss his input and told him so in pm. Hope he will give up the ghost and chip in, I found him interesting. Barb
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Hay thats what I said :cyclopsani: except I was talking about a sterring box :flower:

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:45 am

maybe he's waiting for an invitation? from someone with whom he has a good relationship? I get the idea that maybe he 'got a life' since he isn't writing as much as previously. I'd love to see him here.
71 bus, 74 westy

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:51 pm

That Steponme is a man of contradictions. His politics are left of Mao, so you'd think he'd fit right in here. But mechanically, he's a fundamentalist, and doesn't show much tolerance of hippy fixes. His aggressive writing style kind of fits better with the Samba roosters too. Overall, he has given more than he has taken online, and it would be nice to hear more from him. Especially after he chased Ratwell off TheSamba with a couple of petty pissing matches.

daninghram
Addicted!

Post by daninghram » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:58 am

hippiewannabe wrote: Especially after he chased Ratwell off TheSamba with a couple of petty pissing matches.
???

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:05 am

daninghram wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote: Especially after he chased Ratwell off TheSamba with a couple of petty pissing matches.
???
The final blow-up thread was deleted, but it was really sad. Dozens of posts with accusations and personal attacks, all over a stupid headlight bulb. Had nothing to do with helping the community or hashing out the technical truth. It was all about ego, who was top dog. Ratwell's participation fell off a cliff soon after. Step also reduced his posting, and it was right after Colin left, so the contributions took a huge hit all at once.

daninghram
Addicted!

Post by daninghram » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:00 am

hippiewannabe wrote:
daninghram wrote:
???
The final blow-up thread was deleted, but it was really sad. Dozens of posts with accusations and personal attacks, all over a stupid headlight bulb. Had nothing to do with helping the community or hashing out the technical truth. It was all about ego, who was top dog. Ratwell's participation fell off a cliff soon after. Step also reduced his posting, and it was right after Colin left, so the contributions took a huge hit all at once.
I guess I saw something about headlights now that you reminded me.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:04 am

Well that's one good thing about this silly squabble: it's giving the site more visibility. Hopefully we'll get more of the good guys stopping by.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:08 am

I remember that amazing thread about headlamps and specifications and beam throw and the law. I enjoy a good debate. They can be very informative. I do not get the personal over-investment however.

Debating the point versus skewering the person-with-the-point. . . that would be nice. . . . :cherry:
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:15 am

I remember that thread too, and how quickly it turned from useful constructive debate to hubris....
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:44 pm

glad I missed it. I wondered where everyone went.
71 bus, 74 westy