About my avatar or A new can of worms....

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 pm

My 12 yr old son was looking over my shoulder one afternoon, saw your old avatar and said he thought it was wrong. I'm all for free speech but thanks for changing it. The movement of the changing words really caught the eye. With the new avatar, we should call you the IAC Martyr.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:02 pm

LiveonJG wrote:With the new avatar, we should call you the IAC Martyr.
-John
IAC Martyr? Naw, I am so not a martyr! LOL! Actually St. Philomena (the woman in the picture) is prayed to for lost causes - no pun intended. Really!
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 pm

We're in the Free Speech forum now. Can I see the dadburned avatar already?!? Geesh!

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:10 pm

How about if I just pm it to you Greg? Wouldn't want to risk setting off an entire tribe of flying monkeys, now would I? (j/k)
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:20 pm

And, hey, thanks from the guy who stirred up this whole pot of chili....

Actually, it spawned a lot of thought-provoking conversation, and that's not a bad thing, eh? You can add me to St. Philomena's list..... :colors:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:26 pm

Sure, send me a PM, Z.

And with all this hoopla, it better be really good! Not another Janet Jackson nipple incident. I spent two weeks after that Super Bowl going, "I missed it. I hate football so I missed it! I wanna see!" And then when I saw it, I almost fell asleep during the 1.5 seconds her nipple was out.

Boring!

So make it good.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:31 pm

Alright, just got the avy by PM. I'm not picking sides, I'm truly not. But now that I see the avy again, I realize that I saw it dozens of times in the past and never even thought twice about it. Didn't even really take note of it.

I found it only mildly amusing and not offensive at all. Most kids wouldn't even be able to read those small words that fast. At least not on my little 14" monitor. Most kids old enough to read the cuss words that fast are old enough that they probably use all those words anyway, IMO.

However, with the avy only being mildly amusing, it definitely seems like a wise decision to have gotten rid of it in the name of site harmony. The way we were talking about "making statements" and "expressing ourselves" and "freedom of speech" I thought it was some religious or racially-charged avatar.

Cuss words? Hmmmm...

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:33 pm

Good Im glad you caught up on the conversation. You have always said in the past on ts you liked the controversy and I liked you for that and I agreed that it brought in deeper thought. Here on this site we have a great oppertunity to go way above that with out the censorship. It would be nice to keep it out of the toilet, don,t ya think? Barb

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:47 pm

zblair wrote:
-John
IAC Martyr? Naw, I am so not a martyr! LOL! Actually St. Philomena (the woman in the picture) is prayed to for lost causes - no pun intended. Really!
Jeeze, don't take it so personallly. I mean, really, a saint as your avatar? That speaks volumes right there.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:39 am

LiveonJG wrote:
zblair wrote:
-John
Jeeze, don't take it so personallly. I mean, really, a saint as your avatar? That speaks volumes right there.
-John
John, I was giggling when I wrote this response and I didn't take it personally at all. I picked a saint for an avatar, because well, I thought it was a fitting response. I'm weird that way! :colors:

Barb, diversity is a great thing, yes! I don't remember posting I *liked* controversy but I am interested in how people think and feel, yes. So opportunities to find this out are nice, yes.

Peace, Z Blair

p.s. Wasn't there a peace sign smiley here before? Can we have one please, O Itinerator??
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:09 am

I really liked that avatar. I wish I could hang one like it at my desk at work.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:14 am

Velokid1 wrote:Most kids old enough to read the cuss words that fast are old enough that they probably use all those words anyway, IMO.
With dial-up, when you navigate away from the page it freezes the gif.
It got frozen on "cunt" the last time and "fuck" before that. Don't get me wrong, I love a good cunt, wait, what I mean is I love a good fuck with a fine. . . . . anyways, it just would not do for the more pubic areas that we want to share with all who cum no, all who visit here. . aw fuck it.

Anyways, let's keep our toys in this room and the living room available for those who need it orderly and neat.
Colin :joker:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:08 pm

It seems free speech isnt free anymore.
:thumbright:
:king:

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:12 pm

kool aid wrote:It seems free speech isnt free anymore.
:thumbright:
Never was, you have to vote (or die fighting to defend it) to keep it alive.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:17 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love a good cunt, wait, what I mean is I love a good fuck with a fine. . . . . anyways, it just would not do for the more pubic areas that we want to share with all who cum no, all who visit here. . aw fuck it.
:laughing3:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?