How will you and will you VOTE?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:08 pm

DjEep wrote:I was a bit put-off by something I experienced at the polls today.

While I was voting there was a man in the room talking quite loudly about Abu Ghraib and assorted qualms he had with Bush and the war and whatnot. While I mostly agreed with what he was saying, I felt it was an incredibly inappropriate topic, given the setting. I wondered why the poll workers didn't do anything until I walked over to hand in my ballot.... and he was the one collecting!

On another note I really, really hope CA Prop. 86 doesn't pass, although I highly doubt it won't. I think it is horrible that after going through quitting smoking, twice, I still get punished for it. My SO smokes, has tried to quit, but is still a smoker. Her mother was a smoker and she picked up the habit young. She is also a ball of stress sometimes and, with our limited funds, adding more financial worry will not help her quit. But it will make my life hell...

Hay Anthony, I feel your pain about 86. Iam a born again smoker after quitting many times and know that paying more for a nicotine fix won,t help me to quit. Tell your SO Im w/her on knowing it is a bad thing but -It is F-ing hard with the stress factor.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:14 pm

Well, I cast my inka-vote ballot. I had to place it into a slot all the way down by the floor as technicians repaired the attached computer that scans the ballots for mistakes. If I made a mistake, I do not know. I've never had to bow to the ground before to vote. All hail the mighty ballot!
71 bus, 74 westy

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:20 pm

Birdibus wrote:All hail the mighty ballot!
:notworthy:

The times they are a changin'.
-John
Keep it acoustic.