Bum Plugs

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:43 pm

hambone wrote:12 gig that's a lot of music...many lifetimes worth! I like live concert bootlegs from certain artists, stuff that you can't get at the stores.

yep - bootlegs, acoustic sessions, cover sessions... it's all good
just another crow...
Amskeptic wrote: Well, even though we have these pesky visitor crows who come swooping in to caw about hypocrisy! hypocrisy!

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:49 pm

You ever see any Johnny Cash boots? I've got one with him and Dylan back in the 60s but haven't seen anything else out there....
I dig those American masters.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 pm

hambone wrote:You ever see any Johnny Cash boots? I've got one with him and Dylan back in the 60s but haven't seen anything else out there....
I dig those American masters.
I would love to see some Johny Cash boots, his stuff just sits well with me.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Lee.
I'm New!

Post by Lee. » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:13 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Please change your avatar. You may not use my image. You will be banned from this site if you continue with gratuitous personal attacks.

If you have nothing constructive or even mildly interesting to share on this forum, may I suggest you find something else to fill your endless time.
Colin
Sorry, got your image from a public website. I certainly hope that everyone who has posted an image of you is getting similar warnings?
I got a pie pan and some duct tape.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:45 pm

Lee. wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Please change your avatar. You may not use my image. You will be banned from this site if you continue with gratuitous personal attacks.

If you have nothing constructive or even mildly interesting to share on this forum, may I suggest you find something else to fill your endless time.
Colin
Sorry, got your image from a public website. I certainly hope that everyone who has posted an image of you is getting similar warnings?

My advice to you is get off and out of here ASAP , it is way too easy to find your real address and name. Hell hath no rath like a group scorned.

Go in peace and find an other outreach for your hatefullness :flower:

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Elwood wrote:
Lee. wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:

Colin

My advice to you is get off and out of here ASAP , it is way too easy to find your real address and name. Hell hath no rath like a group scorned.

Go in peace and find an other outreach for your hatefullness :flower:
I hope you are referring to RBP and not Lee (who you quoted). The only person who needed to get out of here has been removed.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:50 pm

Ok Sluggo, thought he may be a new trouble maker. what is the word My BAd? but Im still suspishious~ upps call th spelling police ~~~ big deal ~~~ How about the FUCK on type 2 forum, is that ok?

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:16 pm

No one cares about the occassional swear in a public forum. The person we banned today went way beyond that. But telling people to get out of here and making threats isn't cool. No matter who the member is. I'd be saying the same thing if the comment was directed toward R.B.P. or from someone else toward you.

Not trying to get down on you. Just making sure everyone is clear that the rules and protections of this site apply to everyone. Regardless of who they are and who the other party is.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:59 pm

OK Sluggo, but what does piepan and duct tape mean? I took that as a terrorist threat :geek:

Weird internet exchange between strange folks, Im sorry for the misunderstanding and I do undertand the concern you have to protect the innocent. Like I have said before, the double meanings escape my naive brain. Some can be downright nasty and get away with it and others get a warning~~~hummm sumthin going on here~~~~what it is ain,t exactly clear :pale:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 pm

Elwood wrote:Weird internet exchange between strange folks,
Some can be downright nasty and get away with it and others get a warning~~~hummm sumthin going on here~~~~what it is ain,t exactly clear :pale:
Help me out here, spell out any inconsistency that you have seen.
I too get confused at times.

This site requires that we treat each other with respect. I requested of people who referred to R.B.P. disparagingly to please edit their posts. Those who were sensitive to what we are trying to foster here responded to my request quickly. (thank youse) Somehow, R.B.P. did not perceive that effort on his and all of our behalfs. When he continued to attack me and photoshop me into his avatar, it was the final in a series of violations of our rule "No Personal Attacks." It is a rule that will be enforced for no better reason than it is the right adult thing to demand of all of us here.

It should not be difficult for any of us grown-ups here to distinguish between personal opinions and personal attacks. Those who aren't sure the difference, we'll help you figure it out. Those who pretend not to understand will find out quickly enough exactly where the limits are.

In the meantime, share your concerns or confusion so we can elaborate the rule as necessary. For example, nobody here should be inviting others to leave. That will be considered a personal attack, because that is what it is. The administration of this forum reserves the right to invite people to grow up or scram :cyclopsani: It will be a decision arrived at through our moderator forum discussion to make sure that it is not some individual petty hissy fit. The decision to ban R.B.P. was a unanimous one, a robustly agreed-upon one, a frightfully brief decision, a rather clear one, a long-time-coming decision, a dry decision actually. . . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:53 am

Amskeptic wrote:
so now that R.B.P. has been banned for upsetting Colin, who is next on the list?

just because you disagreed with him here in the 'Free Speech' forum, you banned him?
Let's be adults here. I am not going to allow this forum to turn into a cess-pool of inane juvenile slander.

"Just because you disagreed" is not the reason I banned him, and you know it, I know it, and the many people who have been bugging me to ban him for weeks and weeks know it.
He was banned because he violated our essential rule of civilized conduct, No Personal Attacks. I defended his right to post without being slandered by others just yesterday. He just didn't get it.

If you do not get the difference between Free Speech (opinions, thoughts, experiences) and gratuitous personal attacks, you may well wonder who is next on the list. Rest assured that I do get the difference. Strive to figure it out. . . if you need examples of the difference between free speech and gratuitous slams, let me know.
Colin
now that you edited my sigline for me, thank you....

I get the difference between your version of free speech and what goes on here -- as long as you agree with it, it stays -- otherwise, you will edit or delete or ban til your heart's content... you add rules to the free speech forum as you go along or as you find something you don't care for -- the original picture of a buttplug was fine as long as it wasn't a caricature of someone here on the forum -- a personal attack, but it wasn't on a member of the forum, so it was OK?

so be it... Elwood asked about the inconsistency of the rules applying here -- don't be surprised, Elwood... a megalomaniac makes rules as the situations provide the need, and then executes them as they see fit...
just another crow...
Amskeptic wrote: Well, even though we have these pesky visitor crows who come swooping in to caw about hypocrisy! hypocrisy!

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:10 am

It's pretty clear, man. NO personal attacks or you're gone. I'm cool with it, too much negativity flyin around as it is...
Arguing, getting pissed off, that's all cool. Just none o' that silly grade school attack stuff.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 am

him and Dylan
I have video of Dylan & Johnny Cash somewhere. Can't remember for sure but I think they were doing Blowing in the Wind. Also have some old Dead video. If anyone is interested send me a PM

There. Lets turn this negative energy around. Life's too short

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:29 am

I think I've seen that...Johnny Cash used to have a TV show back in the late 60s and Dylan was his guest.
I've picked up a bunch of Dylan boots over the years, good stuff. Same deal, anyone's interested lemme know.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:30 am

RussellK wrote:
him and Dylan
I have video of Dylan & Johnny Cash somewhere. Can't remember for sure but I think they were doing Blowing in the Wind. Also have some old Dead video. If anyone is interested send me a PM

There. Lets turn this negative energy around. Life's too short
=D> Thanks man, I haven't had my coffee yet and you brought me out of dispair. :geek:

Would be good to see some Highwayman vids as well.....
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"