mr.Breeze is a great moderator and a better person!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

antisamba

mr.Breeze is a great moderator and a better person!

Post by antisamba » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:24 pm

you guys know who I am talking about, I am so happy with the way he moderates the bay forum over at the samba, he should get a hug for what he does! :cheers:

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 pm

You know, I can't agree more!! The way they allowed 'you-know-who' just dictate to the Admins just pissed me off. At least here the members don't have all that hate.

joe_westy
I'm New!

Post by joe_westy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Why all the hate?

I met Mr. Br__z_ for the first time at the Terryville show and seemed like a pretty nice guy. Even though I asked alot of questions he never acted like I was bothering him.

There's more to this than just one side.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:40 pm

joe_westy wrote:Why all the hate?

I met Mr. Br__z_ for the first time at the Terryville show and seemed like a pretty nice guy. Even though I asked alot of questions he never acted like I was bothering him.

There's more to this than just one side.
I camped next to Mr. Breeze at the Litchfield show in 2005. Was a genuinely personable person who clearly took good care of his VW.

Moderating the baywindow forum is not an easy job. He has his orders. He also shares moderating duties with Keifernet. He also has his friends. Who have opinions and their ideas of a good time. . . and what is Mr. Breeze to do? It's like being on the playground, show your loyalty to the group. How many of us picked on someone because we had to remain loyal to the group? I sure did. I sure am sorry too, it took away from who I wanted to be. I made amends to those I could when I grew up.
When a group develops a certain attitude, you might need to make a decision like, do I want to associate with this group? Some say yes and some say no.
Colin :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:32 pm

He could easily have done his moderating without excluding and pandering. I have seen other forums go thru the same thing as the Samba....and there are a few rare moderators that understand the artform of maintaining variety and openess without causing polarization. Br--ze didnt have a clue..he was just a bouncer.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:37 pm

first of all, let's not pander around it

we are talking about Mr.Breeze on the Samba -- now it's been said....

I know him and have hung out with him - great guy & if you don't know him, you don't know shit...

next?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:02 pm

baygeek wrote: I know him and have hung out with him -
great guy & if you don't know him, you don't know shit...
next?
OK. Next.
Tell us what you can that would help change people's opinions about his moderating skills. Not knowing shit goes both ways. . .
Colin

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:05 pm

I know him and have hung out with him - great guy & if you don't know him, you don't know shit...
I have not had the honor and priveledge of 'hanging out' with HIs Royal Br--zy...but im sure he a decent chap. In fact, we owe him a debt of gratitude for being the final spark that jump-started this long-overdue Itinerated jamboree.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:03 am

baygeek wrote:first of all, let's not pander around it

we are talking about Mr.Breeze on the Samba -- now it's been said....

next?

Someday ~ Somehow I hope you find out how really LAME you are . Young and ignorant one. Perhaps you should stay in the Rants of the Samba forum to understand your stupidity.

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:30 am

Amskeptic wrote:
baygeek wrote: I know him and have hung out with him -
great guy & if you don't know him, you don't know shit...
next?
OK. Next.
Tell us what you can that would help change people's opinions about his moderating skills. Not knowing shit goes both ways. . .
Colin
his moderating skills seem to be just fine for me -- play within the rules or don't play...

the bitching I've seen about the moderating on 'that other site' (since you people seem to be afraid of saying it out loud) seems to be about posts that should have been moderated/moved/deleted as they were not threads that belonged in the forum they started in...

and, Elwood, I don't spend much time in the Rants over on the Samba; I'm more of a technical person... which is why I prefer the Samba to this circle-jerk of a website...

joe_westy
I'm New!

Post by joe_westy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:02 am

I was talking to a number of people on the Samba yesterday night in chat asking what this is all about, since i'm still new to these forums.

From what I see it seems that topics that had political content were deleted. And other topics were moved to a more suitable forum and not deleted.

After reading the Bay Window Forum it seems there's alot of camping, stories, ranting and other non-technical posts along with the tech posts. The other forums don't have nearly as much of that.

So what's the problem if topics were moved?

After all if all type of posts were in the Bay Window forum only, then why does this site have multiple forums?

Why isn't this topic being discussed in the Bay Window forum here instead of the"Free Speach" forum?

Why is there a Free Speach and General forum if everything posted in those would of been posted in the Bay Window Forum on the Samba?

It seems the people here running this site recognize the need for mulltiple forums.

So why couldn't people follow the same rules on the Samba?

Like I said, i'm new to these internet forums and plan on being a member of this one and a few others. My main purpose is to learn how to maintain my Westy. But I like to interact with people and as a newbie to all these personalities, I just call them as I see them.

On another not i'm involved with running local organization and can tell you it's not easy keeping it running smoothly. With 30 people there's 30 opinions and everyone thinks they're the boss. That is until it comes time to take responsibility and then none of them offer to help. Sometime the people running the organization have to be the "bad guy" to keep thing running smoothly.

You can't please everyone and if you try, you are ineffective and nothing ever gets done.

OK... i'll get off my soap box now.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:44 am

The way I see it is this. The bay window forum had grown into a nice place where most posters new each other, tech questions were answered and also some non Tech or non VW tech stuff was discussed but it was all good, it was the place for us Baywindow owners/lovers to hang out and talk. Then they put in this moderator who decided to enforce some of the rules and not others and he had more of the Rant/killer car show mentality and what he decided to enforce and not enforce didn't jive well with the the heart of the baywindow group.
But anyway, not our forum, we don't own it, so we had a choice, we made it, here we are.........On this forum,,, and I'm also on the Full Moon Bus Club forum.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:44 am

The Samba & this site are what they are and they both have value. Mr Breeze & Kiefernet did what they felt they had to do as did Colin & Sluggo. Lets move on.

Having an e-war between forums doesn't serve anyone

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:55 am

steve74baywin wrote: The bay window forum had grown into a nice place where most posters new each other, tech questions were answered and also some non Tech or non VW tech stuff was discussed but it was all good, it was the place for us Baywindow owners/lovers to hang out and talk. Then they put in this moderator who decided to enforce some of the rules and not others.
This is the crux of it.

joe westy and baygeek, I was in contact with Mr. Breeze and Keifernet and Everett throughout my time on theSamba. It was agreed that the Itinerant Air-Cooled posts would be left alone on the bay forum. It was explicitly understood that my trip around the country each summer meeting members of the forum was a bay-specific event. The agreement was breached when Keifernet could not stand my observations of the larger context in which we all live. I have his PMs. They are personal opinions of his own where he decided that people don't want to talk about politics but do want to talk about hitting it and tits and ass. He decided to censor. If you READ my infrequent political posts, you will not find divisiveness, you will find relatively balanced concerns about where we are headed as a nation. Read Tram's eloquent post about why does theSamba allow such a range of tripe but universally condemns thoughtful discourse.

Apparently there was also a great deal of mocking going on in chat which brought people from other forums to the bay forum for sport which was a violation on their part against attacking individuals. This was allowed. You will not see any posts where I attack back. Makes me a puss? As you wish. I choose to make it through life without such nonsense.
We're grown-ups, we all have to decide what we'll put up with.

Stick around, this is not a fuzzy-headed group hug. You want debate, you'll get it. You want technical advice that is available too. You want community, let's see if we can maintain respectful discourse here. That will be up to all of us.
Colin

MidWesty
Getting Hooked!

Post by MidWesty » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:14 am

Exactly what RussellK said.
Anti samba said his part, Baygeek came in and defended his buddy, big fucking deal! What happened, happened. I really don't want to relive all the drama from a few weeks ago.
Don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm trying to learn more about my bus, be it here or the Samba. Both are worthy sources. I get what I need from both places. I was really surprised when I saw a thread griping about Mr. Breeze. I half expected it to turn into a pissing match between both sites. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
I say just let it go. It happened, it's over, there's a new site as a result. I just think it's immature to keep pissing and moaning about Mr. Breeze.
Besides, my Bigwheel is faster than all y'alls! ::dshock::
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

'78 Rivi
'63 Ragtop
'73 Double cab (for sale)