Sorry For The Sleaze . . .

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Sorry For The Sleaze . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:16 am

A friend of Bill Clinton. A friend of Donald Trump. A friend of Prince Andrew. A friend of Kevin Spacey.
His prosecution stymied by the current Secretary of Labor, Alexander Acosta.
I find this all intolerable.

Miami Herald
BY JULIE K. BROWN
NOV. 28, 2018

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 97825.html
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

JLT
Old School!

Re: Sorry For The Sleaze . . .

Post by JLT » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Great reporting. I do wonder how this guy could have been "friends" of Clinton, Trump, Prince Andrew, and Spacey. "Acquaintances," sure. But I bet they're not his friends anymore.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:00 pm

JLT wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm
Great reporting. I do wonder how this guy could have been "friends" of Clinton, Trump, Prince Andrew, and Spacey. "Acquaintances," sure. But I bet they're not his friends anymore.

I am discovering, John, that many many many men do not know what real friendship or real love is. This current White House is so devoid of love, and the working relationships between the White House and the Congress, and intra-White House relationships are all transactional. Such a huge difference from the prior administration. Seeing Michelle Obama talk about her husband and family yesterday on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, I saw such affection. I miss that.

And here we have a bunch of old white men straying far from their marriages, just ruining the Self of countless young women, it is thoroughly despicable, it is detestable. I hate what happened to these souls. Did you read how the FBI and Epstein and the lawyers referred to the fifteen year-olds as "prostitutes" without batting an eye? By definition, by definition! they were children and therefore not prostitutes but rather abused children or even victims of sex-trafficking.
Colin

kreemoweet
Getting Hooked!

Post by kreemoweet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote: By definition, by definition! they were children and therefore not prostitutes but rather abused children or even victims of sex-trafficking.
You cannot "define" reality away. The law most certainly does not define reality. Underage hookers are a reality, and it has ever been so.
I saw little evidence of any "abuse" or "victimhood" in that article. Plenty of sleazy lawyers and not-so-young hookers trying to cash in, financially or politically.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 am

kreemoweet wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm
Amskeptic wrote: By definition, by definition! they were children and therefore not prostitutes but rather abused children or even victims of sex-trafficking.
You cannot "define" reality away. The law most certainly does not define reality. Underage hookers are a reality, and it has ever been so.
I saw little evidence of any "abuse" or "victimhood" in that article. Plenty of sleazy lawyers and not-so-young hookers trying to cash in, financially or politically.

By legal and moral and psychological and reality-based common sense, these were children, children who are still under the care of parents or guardians, by law.

You, for inexplicable reasons, duck out into your very own definition, describing them as "underage hookers" and thus protected by your own definition, write that you cannot see any abuse or victimhood.

If you read the Miami Herald article about the lives of these young women subsequent to their experiences with Epstein, you read of how their lives were blunted, blighted, paralyzed in shame, hidden in drug addictions, damaged in relationships with others, and you cannot see this.
You see "not-so-young hookers" trying to cash in. I don't understand this.

My sister did her doctoral dissertation at Harvard University on this very subject. She was one of the first researchers in the 1970's who made the ineluctable connection between prostitution and early childhood sexual abuse. Statistically, the great majority of those teenage girls who walked straight in to Jeffrey Epstein's dungeon did so in an already damaged state. (funny that, the great majority of prison inmates have been discovered to have been abused as children too ... )
Yet we shut down our understanding, our hearts, our ability to help them with useless full-stop labels like "hookers".

Have you, kreemoweet, ever met a fourteen year-old girl who is deeply loved by her parents and family, who has a fundamental trust in the day? Have you ever experienced a fourteen year-old girl's clumsy colt exuberance and tedious silly giggling fits with her friends?
Have you, kreemoweet, ever met a sexually abused fourteen year-old girl, met her averted gaze in your presence, seen her tightened down movements, her guarded expression, social isolation, her deadly dumb coquettishness in the company of predator-minded older men, her joyless "sophistication"?
I have.

I don't care if this adult/child abuse has been going on since time immemorial. It has to stop. And don't think I am some hysteric. I know that love can sometimes smite an older adult and a younger child, and it is true love all the way. I have seen that too. But they maintain boundaries until they reach the legal age requirement because they not only want to stay within the law, but they *understand why that law exists*.

The "political cash-in" you wrote of is also worthy of note. I see no cash-in here. I can't even grasp how that applies here. We as a Nation have to clean out the rot and the infection before it friggen kills us. Do you get that? Have you seen me offer any favor to any of the names on the list that would suggest seeking some political advantage? Can you even apply a political tribe to the below?
If Alan Dershowitz, Bill Clinton-former President of The United States, Donald Trump- current President of The United States ("I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."), Bruce King AND Bill Richardson- former governors of New Mexico, Peter Soros- nephew of George Soros, Prince Andrew- Duke of York, Woody Allen, come on, there is no politics here, this is a bunch of entitled old men who need to face real justice.
I pray that we have to courage as a Nation to see to it.
Colin

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:55 am

yes
60 beetle
78 bus

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:00 pm

I am discovering, John, that many many many men do not know what real friendship or real love is.
And this goes double for people in politics, where it is politically necessary to feign friendship with people that you wouldn't want to associate with IRL. That is one reason why I wouldn't think seriously of running for office myself. Too much personal integrity, I guess.

That's why you get that dizzying display of the Trumpster describing a person one minute as a friend he's known for years, and the next minute denying that he even heard of the guy. He's playing that game, but he's wretched at it, so his proclamations of friendship ring hollow right from the start.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

Post by Abscate » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m on travel in the Middle East and missed this one. I feel ill after reading this. The good news is, the fourth estate has worked and put a spotlight on this. This one will go for obstruction of justice and other charges.