Is It Apathy . . . ?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Re: Is It Apathy . . . ?

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:52 am

The problem with despicable people is that they exist.
Colin
Yes, then they go out and buy a AR15 and shoot up a bunch of school children to prove how right they are......
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 pm
Bleyseng wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 am
Well, I was impressed with the student turnout for the March yesterday. Maybe there is hope for the fall elections that the Dems can take back the House and Senate and impeach the Motherfucker.
I was impressed with those students as well. I am not at all impressed with the hateful bitter conservative alt-right lunatics who photo-shopped Emma Gonzales "ripping up the Constitution", then spread it virally.

Colin
But remember . . . .

"We speak in terms of grace, justice, equality, mercy, and then we despise people who were also created in God's image, who are his children too. If George W. Bush [or Donald Trump] had been the only person on earth, Jesus would still have come down and died for him. This drives me crazy, that God seems to have no taste and no standards. Of course, by the same token, on most days, this is what gives some of us hope." Anne Lamott
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Cindy wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am
Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 pm

I was impressed with those students as well. I am not at all impressed with the hateful bitter conservative alt-right lunatics who photo-shopped Emma Gonzales "ripping up the Constitution", then spread it virally.

Colin
But remember . . . .

"We speak in terms of grace, justice, equality, mercy, and then we despise people who were also created in God's image, who are his children too. If George W. Bush [or Donald Trump] had been the only person on earth, Jesus would still have come down and died for him. This drives me crazy, that God seems to have no taste and no standards. Of course, by the same token, on most days, this is what gives some of us hope." Anne Lamott

Oh yes, despicable people exist. I like a few of them. Didn't say I didn't. They exist. They are despicable. They slam into your car at the parking lot and slink off. I don't despise them as there was a time I almost wanted to do the same thing (coming to visit you in December '92 actually in the black "Bradymobile", remember that Passat?).
So, I understand despicable, I come from despicables. I am not that impressed with despicable people, and that is all I said. I battle God one-on-One about human despicability along the lines of "What the hell were You thinking??" Still asking. Still no answer. I still can't believe they have to exist for whatever Cosmic reason.
Hey!
Colin
(say hi to Anne for me)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:27 pm

What did you mean about the black Passat?

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:45 am

Cindy wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:27 pm
What did you mean about the black Passat?

Cindy
Remember when I visited you all for Christmas 1992? You know, the crabs visit? Black Passat wagon was my annoying car that VW finally took back and gave me the red one to shut me up. You sister offered that withering assessment of my car, "Bradymobile".

So, in a McDonalds parking lot in Colorado, the "Bradymobile's ABS refused to work at slow speed, and I ran wide as I pulled into the parking space and tapped the right rear door of a uglyass Chevy four-door something or other. I had the black bra on the Passat, and it looked perfect.

I thought to pull out and park a couple of spaces down and pretend that nothing happened. I really did consider it. But noooo, I had to go into McDonalds and canvas the herd of patrons. A very disappointed and bothered woman gave me a rash of irritation and I had to do the insurance rigamorale and that craptastic Chevy ended up costing $1,800.00 to fix. The Passat was not damaged in the slightest.

Despicable people, like all people, are damaged in some way, but they take it on others because that is what they know from their own histories.
Colin

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 pm
Spezialist wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm
Personally I love seeing the American Dream being exposed for what it is, a fucking lottery to keep you slaves paddling the boat. So sad.

And what are you going to do to help save the country? Just stand to the side and lob bitter insults to us unwashed "slaves"?
What are you going to do to express your love of this country, or is love something you are not acquainted with?
What are you doing to help your fellow human beings chart their personal paths in the service of contributing to the betterment of us all?
I have no patience for sardonic bitter self-annointed seers.
Colin
Oh, No. for god sakes man, I have information bleeding out of my eyeballs and the energy to zap the system!
No shit, I want "help" to either build a website or an idea to co-ordinate one to put the peoples money back into their own pockets. My dad died and left 200k and unclaimed property says its only $200. Well son, I've been hacking at this scam for a few years now, and I'm ready to expose the vault to the masses. I'm saying many many people have had this done to them, under the guise of the law. are you game?

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 am

Who has apathy Colin, I tried to make an offer and not even a question was asked how or what or why.
You just want to not see from my perspective ,
Why do the oppressed always have to do the work?
I shatter my glass ceiling whenever there is one to break
It’s why it’s called sophistication.
Sorry you don’t like my communication style, I don’t choose it. It’s who I am. in this country (land) we assimilated much later than colonizers
We walk in two worlds, maybe step out of the excrement your culture created, that your so damn proud of and realize that because someone can use English doesn’t mean they see through that lens.
If you honestly can’t follow this, let me know.
Linguistic relativity is a real thing. Don’t get me started on the time controversy. Anyways a little dark humor shouldn’t hurt anyone.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 pm

Spezialist wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 am
Who has apathy Colin, I tried to make an offer and not even a question was asked how or what or why.
Sorry you don’t like my communication style, I don’t choose it. It’s who I am. in this country (land) we assimilated much later than colonizers
We walk in two worlds, maybe step out of the excrement your culture created, that your so damn proud of and realize that because someone can use English doesn’t mean they see through that lens.
Linguistic relativity is a real thing. Don’t get me started on the time controversy. Anyways a little dark humor shouldn’t hurt anyone.

Did you know that I am considered an aboriginal Native American (25%) from the Juaneno Tribe of the Acheman Nation of San Juan Capistrano, 7,000 year history replete with all of the damage wrought by the arrival of Europeans? I don't buy this sloppy "you people" crap. I am not wrapped in aggrieved identity "that your (you're)so damn proud of."
Colin

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:07 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 pm
Spezialist wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 am

Did you know that I am considered an aboriginal Native American (25%) from the Juaneno Tribe of the Acheman Nation of San Juan Capistrano, 7,000 year history replete with all of the damage wrought by the arrival of Europeans? I don't buy this sloppy "you people" crap. I am not wrapped in aggrieved identity "that your (you're)so damn proud of."
Colin
I don’t feel, like you perceived me, it’s a native thing. I’d bet you have more blood than you realize.
I came here to offer a solution to help the middle class finance issues.
It’s a fucking bit late for that.
Think in energy dense foods, any type of sugar, cheese, dried meat. Rice. If you haven’t begun keto/ paleo it’s not too late, the grid will be up long enough to learn from. Stop eating wheat now. It’s all I got, goodbye.
To put a finer point on it, you are moving into a world made by hand, and a couple of miles is your new home.
See ya in the fith world.