Election Day Is Upon Us . . .

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: Election Day Is Upon Us . . .

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:59 pm

"47% of Americans voted for nobody..." is that 47% of folks that are eligible to vote (registered or not), and didn't, or is that 47% of registered voters, or is that 47% of the population...just curious.

Realize this is Monday morning quarterbacking, but think Bernie would have beat him....
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:10 am

eligible voters...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:"47% of Americans voted for nobody..." is that 47% of folks that are eligible to vote (registered or not), and didn't, or is that 47% of registered voters, or is that 47% of the population...just curious.

Realize this is Monday morning quarterbacking, but think Bernie would have beat him....
Hillary garnered 2 million more votes than Trump! Is that not good enough to declare a mandate amonst all individuals who voted? It is a far larger mandate than anything the republicans have tediously declared of their candidate.

I wrote in the NYT that I am not into self-flagellation here. We lost on a technicality, yes, but do not lose sight that Hillary reached and won over a substantially greater number of Americans than Trump. This is a fact.

As we can see, the Swamp that Donald promised to drain is filling up and floating with the flotsam of last century's has beens. There is a serious risk that the republicans are going to overreach bigly.
ColinAppalled
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:57 am

I can't fathom his support network choices right now, weather the alleged cabinet or advisory positions. A head of EPA who doesn't believe in climate change? How about hiring an open Athiest as head of religion? If such a post existed, it's the closest comparison I can find. Cronyism is my biggest "hot button" of any political power transfer. Weather the Bush/McGraw Education Destruction Plan, or this newfound circle-jerk of folks like Bannon or Brewer/Palin/Lucas for Interior Secretary, P.E. Trump is completely ignoring the future of our nation to help his favorite All-Star General Obstructionist Partiers.

The inclusion of unlimited wifi and newspaper at my current/temporary dwelling is skyrocketing my involvement and rage.
Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:15 am

asiab3 wrote:I can't fathom his support network choices right now, weather the alleged cabinet or advisory positions. A head of EPA who doesn't believe in climate change? How about hiring an open Athiest as head of religion? If such a post existed, it's the closest comparison I can find. Cronyism is my biggest "hot button" of any political power transfer. Weather the Bush/McGraw Education Destruction Plan, or this newfound circle-jerk of folks like Bannon or Brewer/Palin/Lucas for Interior Secretary, P.E. Trump is completely ignoring the future of our nation to help his favorite All-Star General Obstructionist Partiers.

The inclusion of unlimited wifi and newspaper at my current/temporary dwelling is skyrocketing my involvement and rage.
Robbie
Jeff Sessions for Attorney General. Jeff Sessions was voted down for a federal judgeship in 1986 due to racism.
Mike Flynn for National Security Adviser. Mike Flynn joined the crowd at the Republican national Convention in chants of “lock her up!”
Mike Pompeo for CIA. Mike Pompeo is totally hard-line Republican from Kansas who heavily criticized the Iran deal, blasted Hillary Clinton over Benghazi, and believes Edward Snowden is a traitor.

What makes me sorry beyond belief is to watch people go about their lives as though they were merely voting for the winner on American Idol.
What makes me even more distressed, is to watch the press engage in self-flagellation and Democratic party/candidate flagellation. Are you kidding? A vote for Trump was not rational. It was not rational. Don't try to explain it rationally! People are emotionally volatile, yes, but they are not able to explain their choices rationally or factually. I saw it for myself this summer.
God Help Our Nation's People.
Colin

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Just read this thread again.

Soo, of the above prognostications, which came to pass? Which didn't? How happy are you at the outcome and the current state of affairs?
Colin

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm

i see what your doing here...

Do we need to plan a d.c. bus invasion?
60 beetle
78 bus

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

zabo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm
i see what your doing here...

Do we need to plan a d.c. bus invasion?

I have a phone alert protocol from Move On.
12 hour lead time to the demonstration of my choosing should Mueller get sacked.
I *will* drop *everything* and hit the road *immediately* for the Capitol protest.

So yeah, any opinions on the current state in these ol United States?
Did we enjoy Arizona (R) representative Paul Gosar who asked the Capitol police to arrest any dreamer guest at the State Of The Union?
Our country. It is in trouble. We The People have to save it. Seriously.
Colin