Wow. Just wow.

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Wow. Just wow.

Post by DurocShark » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:13 am

Hitler's Cross Cafe

It could have been worse... They could have offered free ham on opening day.

:smt107

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Wow. Just wow.

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:57 am

DurocShark wrote:Hitler's Cross Cafe

It could have been worse... They could have offered free ham on opening day.

:smt107
So the swastika is a sacred Hindu symbol? Learn something new every day. . .

I hate noteriety achieved through cheap means.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Wow.

I can see the marketing scheme of using "shock" to get peoples attentions but did they really put any thought into what that might really mean to people???

Think about it. The people who own the restaurant themselves would be burried 10ft under if Hitler had made his way to india. The Jewish community was just hit the hardest and remembers the most. It's kind of a shame when people don't hold any self value or put any thought into what statement they may truly be making. That is point and case of whoring yourself out to "Corporate America" if you will. Selling any personal beliefs or ideals and justifying to yourself that making a buck is more important.

Their line of "being different" like Hitler is total BS. I personally think this may have gone over the top and is going to be their downfall in the end. Whether the symbol had different originations or not it has a stigma with it from the Nazi's. How much you wanna be they get bombed, protested or run out of business just because of their name?

Free speech is great and all but I doubt they would be happy if white supremcy people started showing up and frequenting the place!
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:51 pm

Why would anyone eat in an establishment that glorifies someone responsible for so much death & suffering. What's next. The Pol Pot lounge? It's disgusting.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:59 pm

The Pol Pot lounge?
Or is this the 'smokers' lounge? 8-[
(sorry, I couldn't resist.....I will take my lashings now :smt021 )
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:15 pm

That's just wrong. But so is most marketing...bereft of morality, it's only purpose is to sucker I mean sell.
And that crap wouldn't fly in America. There is still a system underneath the temporary madness. For now at least.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

This place is not about wars or crimes, but where people come to relax and enjoy a meal!
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :smt073
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:27 pm

hambone wrote:That's just wrong. But so is most marketing...bereft of morality, it's only purpose is to sucker I mean sell.
And that crap wouldn't fly in America. There is still a system underneath the temporary madness. For now at least.
I can't help but wonder if the reason it wouldn't fly isn't because we're more honorable, but because of the "PC" bullcrap already going on.

<me> ::Enjoying the beach, I light a cig::
<cop> "Sir, you can't smoke at the beach."
<me> ::Looks around at all the open air, sky, and wind:: "Why?"
<cop> "It's been banned by the city council. You'll have to put that out and dispose of the butt properly."
<me> ::sigh::

So many people think THEY know what's best, and fight for their "cause" that it completely screws up our soceity.

I had a coworker who was blatantly atheist. He would speak loudly of his beliefs. Wanna know how long he lasted? Yet the Christians and Muslims at work were allowed to speak just as loudly of their beliefs and it was ok. Plus all the religious propaganda they have around their desks.

If I had a wall at the time I would have put up a big Darwin poster.

EDIT: Before anybody asks, yes I'm athiest as well. But I really just don't care about anybody else's beliefs, (except maybe Scientologists... Got Volcano?) And my only display of my beliefs is a pirate fish sticker. (Google "Flying Spaghetti Monster", but it's obscure enough that it's not recognized for what it is.) There's no Darwin fish on my bus, nothing like that. And work especially isn't the place to discuss that sort of thing since everybody's so touchy and unable to understand this nation was BUILT on religious freedom.

Just be a good person. That's all I ask, regardless of faith.

My wife is a devout born-again Christian. She even works part time at her church. Yet we both respect each other's views and generally leave the subject alone. Only once has it become an issue between us.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:13 pm

I can't help but wonder if the reason it wouldn't fly isn't because we're more honorable, but because of the "PC" bullcrap already going on.
yeah i agree, the whole 'PC' bullshit just makes our society all the more brittle. If you cant laugh about something or discuss it openl;y or make light satire without someone raising the PC flag, then were all just walking a round in a coma.

The PC thing is just a thin disguise...underneath people are just as judgemental, if not more so.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote: So the swastika is a sacred Hindu symbol? Learn something new every day. . .
From Wikipedia:
In the Western world, the symbol experienced a resurgence following the archaeological work in the late nineteenth century of Heinrich Schliemann, who discovered the symbol in the site of ancient Troy and associated it with the ancient migrations of Proto-Indo-Europeans ("Aryan" people). He connected it with similar shapes found on ancient pots in Germany, and theorised that the swastika was a "significant religious symbol of our remote ancestors," linking ancient German, Greek and Vedic culture.[1] [2] By the early 20th century it was widely used worldwide and was regarded as a symbol of good luck and auspiciousness.
Amskeptic wrote: .I hate noteriety achieved through cheap means.
Colin
I don't know, I think history shows, you pay now or pay later.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:18 am

Have we become the collective high-society matron, aghast "well I NEVAHH!"??
It's weird to see things polarize so much. What the hell is "truth" anyway? It's all individual perception made into society's soup - together but never dissolved. We're all like marbles in a big bowl of water...Everyone likes to team up, fit neatly into the slots that society provides. However, what lies bubblin beneath the suface? Doesn't the team have to go home eventuallly, after the game is said n' done? And then all you have is a shirt and your poop-chute, sittin' there scratchin' your High Morals. People really need to get over themselves.
Sometimes I just wanna go live off squirells and bats. Th' hell with all youse wackos.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:06 pm

We'd never be as stupid as those old Germans. Hitler must of brainwashed them. We'd never elect a warmongering nut case....we'd never...oh man, I think I just shit myself...

4x4
I'm New!

Post by 4x4 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:25 pm

Here, educate yourselves:
http://www.manwoman.net/swastika/swastika.html

DurocShark wrote: And work especially isn't the place to discuss that sort of thing since everybody's so touchy and unable to understand this nation was BUILT on religious freedom.

Uhh, I thought this country was built by land,and gold hungry assholes looking to convert or kill the savages who stood in their way.. Funny how the small portion looking for "religious freedom" had little tolerance for others beliefs

DeathBus
I'm New!

Post by DeathBus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:28 pm

Id eat there, seriously. I wonder if they serve Kool Aide and Corn Chips?

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:20 pm

I guess Ill pretend it doesnt exist. Disgusting really.
:king: