1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Earn it...

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:23 am

I'm pretty tired of rubber stamping. At this point, I like Bernie Sanders.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 am

Still to early but what is certain is in no way shape or from is Hillary even up for the position of presidency. Absolutely friggin not.

Cruz and Paul may be a good team...

But what I'd like to see is neither a Democrat or Republican in office. They both have made a mess of this country for far to long.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:33 am

Hillary strikes me as being tired of the idea herself. I sense no enthusiasm at the prospect on her part.

Can't get behind Paul at all. I thought Cruz is a republican. That tea party thing. Sorry, they seem clowns to me. And he's Canadian. That birther business.

Don't get me wrong, I support third parties and more. And even cast a vote for Nader the first go-round. I didn't count on the inertia of public opinion. Huge shifts don't happen, only slowly dawning awarenesses. Didn't go for Perot. Although I'm continuing to hear the "huge sucking sound" he called on the barrel head. TPP anyone?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:04 am

Who cares as everyone deletes emails. Cruz and Paul are insane clowns wanting to shove a crackpot christianity down our throats while stealing any money we have
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:31 am

72Hardtop wrote:Still to early but what is certain is in no way shape or from is Hillary even up for the position of presidency. Absolutely friggin not.
Why do you think that?
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 am

asiab3 wrote:
72Hardtop wrote:Still to early but what is certain is in no way shape or from is Hillary even up for the position of presidency. Absolutely friggin not.
Why do you think that?
Because she's a liberal democrat and a lying lawyer at that.

Want change?

It needs to be someone other than a Democrat or Republican for a change.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:19 am

72Hardtop wrote: Want change?

So if Ron Paul won the Republican primary ticket, would that have been enough for you? Could anyone else with an independent record become backed by a major party and be acceptable?

I'm not going to honor your other statement with a response.
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:23 am

asiab3 wrote:

So if Ron Paul won the Republican primary ticket, would that have been enough for you? Could anyone else with an independent record become backed by a major party and be acceptable?

It needs to be someone who's willing to turn DC 180 degrees from how it's been ran for say the last 60+ years or so.

Your in the minority when honoring Hillary...she's anything but presidential material.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 am

Bleyseng wrote:Who cares as everyone deletes emails. Cruz and Paul are insane clowns wanting to shove a crackpot christianity down our throats while stealing any money we have

Yes we all delete e-mails. But what we shouldn't be doing is deleteing them after being officially asked for them during an open investigation. She not only deleted them she scrubbed her hard drives as well. That alone raises serious suspicion of ones activities. Remember she works for we the tax payers. So much for transparency.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:41 am

Big money runs DC as it always has. None of the clowns interest me.
Geoff

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:18 pm

72Hardtop wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

It needs to be someone who's willing to turn DC 180 degrees from how it's been ran for say the last 60+ years or so.

Your in the minority when honoring Hillary...she's anything but presidential material.
All of this barking . . . up the wrong tree.
All of this hopeful yet childish disappointment in our government, which we treat with withering scorn on the one hand and then we wonder why it doesn't solve problems that are not its province!

Hillary Clinton is **supremely qualified** to be President! Of all the people considering it, she actually knows how the White House is run! She was First Lady for eight years! She was a senator! A good one! She was Secretary of State! A good one! She knows more world leaders than Ted Cruz knows the names of! That is a guarantee!

This is not about her qualifications, and you know it . . . :cyclopsani: Oh, yes you do.

So you don't LIKE her, 72Hardtop. I am not surprised. But don't you dare natter about her qualifications.
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are utter backwoods inbred hill-billies compared to her.

Her opposition is prepared to throw all the mud in the world at her, just the same ol same ol same ol mud, so sick of it, but they will not debate policy with her.

So what don't you like about our "government" over the "past 60 years"? Are you sure it is the government that you are unhappy with? Might it be that it is the loss of government as the ruling class busily DESTROYS our representative democracy, and now that you have discovered that your voice no longer matters, you are blaming the wrong symptoms?

Please go read up on Hillary Clinton. She could have a whole new chapter in store when she no longer has to make nice with moneyed morons (hey you have to pay to play, thank Bush's Supreme Court for that one) and can execute her vision. This is a human being who has grown enormously. You, 72Hardtop, are aware that she is well-respected all around the world for her work with women's rights /human rights? You are aware that she told off China beautifully while in their country regarding human rights violations? She is a tough, very seasoned veteran of the political process, and I cannot imagine that her presidency would at ALL be ANY worse than any of the lightweight republican ideologues who can't seem to grasp the Constitution OR the moment.
Colin Hm Hm Hmm Hm
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
72Hardtop wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

All of this barking . . . up the wrong tree.
All of this hopeful yet childish disappointment in our government, which we treat with withering scorn on the one hand and then we wonder why it doesn't solve problems that are not its province!

Hillary Clinton is **supremely qualified** to be President! Of all the people considering it, she actually knows how the White House is run! She was First Lady for eight years! She was a senator! A good one! She was Secretary of State! A good one! She knows more world leaders than Ted Cruz knows the names of! That is a guarantee!

This is not about her qualifications, and you know it . . . :cyclopsani: Oh, yes you do.

So you don't LIKE her, 72Hardtop. I am not surprised. But don't you dare natter about her qualifications.
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are utter backwoods inbred hill-billies compared to her.

Her opposition is prepared to throw all the mud in the world at her, just the same ol same ol same ol mud, so sick of it, but they will not debate policy with her.

So what don't you like about our "government" over the "past 60 years"? Are you sure it is the government that you are unhappy with? Might it be that it is the loss of government as the ruling class busily DESTROYS our representative democracy, and now that you have discovered that your voice no longer matters, you are blaming the wrong symptoms?

Please go read up on Hillary Clinton. She could have a whole new chapter in store when she no longer has to make nice with moneyed morons (hey you have to pay to play, thank Bush's Supreme Court for that one) and can execute her vision. This is a human being who has grown enormously. You, 72Hardtop, are aware that she is well-respected all around the world for her work with women's rights /human rights? You are aware that she told off China beautifully while in their country regarding human rights violations? She is a tough, very seasoned veteran of the political process, and I cannot imagine that her presidency would at ALL be ANY worse than any of the lightweight republican ideologues who can't seem to grasp the Constitution OR the moment.
Colin Hm Hm Hmm Hm

Hillary would make a better lawyer due to her ability at being less than honest when confronted with tough questions. Her qualifications are lacking for a seat as president...seriously lacking. Unless of course you wish to continue on with the current beat of the drum politics in Washington? Voting her in is an absolute guarantee nothing will change.Is she supportive of term limits? No special interest money? No. Time for real change folks.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 pm

"Hillary would make a better lawyer due to her ability at being less than honest when confronted with tough questions. Her qualifications are lacking for a seat as president...seriously lacking. "

Come on, as Colin listed her experience and qualifications are the Best of any of both parties. A political insider, yes but she is a champion of the middle class vs set on destroying what remains of the middle-class .
Geoff

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't generally partake in these types of political discussions. However, the over whelming theme here is "same ole, same ole".. Another 4 years and another round of douche bag, self serving narcassic's rambing on about "time for a change".. Um yea, uh huh.. The only change in the white house will be the name of the new idiot president.

Our political system is broken. How we elect our politicians is broken. Talk to anyone about politics in this county. A vast MAJORITY of them feel the same way. This is why so many people don't even show up to vote anymore. What asshat do we vote for? Obama? Bush? Clinton? Paul?

Our next true American LEADER will lead the charge in changing this broken system at both the local and national level. He will rally public support behind him while speaking common sense in addressing and correcting/changing all the systems broken cogs that MOST Americans know exist and the 1% are happy about.

Sorry, I don't see ANYONE stepping up to the plate thus far...
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.