More dispatches from the front lines of the War on the Por

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Lanval
IAC Addict!

More dispatches from the front lines of the War on the Por

Post by Lanval » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Here's a choice selection from the article:

"I wasn’t going to be bribed off my story, but I understood their panic. Here, after all, was a group that included many of the executives whose firms had collectively wrecked the global economy in 2008 and 2009. And they were laughing off the entire disaster in private, as if it were a long-forgotten lark. (Or worse, sing about it — one of the last skits of the night was a self-congratulatory parody of ABBA’s “Dancing Queen,” called “Bailout King.”) These were activities that amounted to a gigantic middle finger to Main Street and that, if made public, could end careers and damage very public reputations."

- Kevin Roose

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ciety.html

Probably open revolt is our only option at this point.

ML

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: More dispatches from the front lines of the War on the P

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:37 am

Lanval wrote:Here's a choice selection from the article:

"I wasn’t going to be bribed off my story, but I understood their panic. Here, after all, was a group that included many of the executives whose firms had collectively wrecked the global economy in 2008 and 2009. And they were laughing off the entire disaster in private, as if it were a long-forgotten lark. (Or worse, sing about it — one of the last skits of the night was a self-congratulatory parody of ABBA’s “Dancing Queen,” called “Bailout King.”) These were activities that amounted to a gigantic middle finger to Main Street and that, if made public, could end careers and damage very public reputations."

- Kevin Roose

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ciety.html

Probably open revolt is our only option at this point.

ML
I read the blog underneath with some trepidation . . . how does the readership interpret this? There were defenders of the 1% partiers, but I was heartened to see some good push-back against them
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 pm

The average American would not read this. Those I know, would not know what to make of it.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Sylvester wrote:The average American would not read this. Those I know, would not know what to make of it.
They also would not put together the simple math of:

CEO pay has increased to almost 1000% of the average worker, for no good reason.
ColinNiceTaSeeYouRoundTheseParts
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles