Seriously now, Babyback or Spare?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

When you're going to the time and trouble of ribs, what do you choose?

Babyback
22%
Babyback
22%
Spare
No votes
Spare
No votes
Ribs...Yumm!
28%
Ribs...Yumm!
28%

Total votes: 18

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Seriously now, Babyback or Spare?

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Barbeque lovers. Which is it? It really doesn't need to be said but, Pork only. Apologies to vegetarians and vegans.
Keep it acoustic.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 pm

Ribs are nasty, who th' hell digs eatin' a ribcage of somethin? Ew. Just think, they use to flex with every breath...
I like to think meat grows on nice little trees. It's My Way.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Ribs...Yumm!

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Baby back all the way. If I have to think about eating meat off a dead carcasses inflating rib cage I'd rather it be a cute little baby cow :-s

In all fairness I do like ribs, I'm not a big meat eater though and stay away from them most of the time because they are so bad for your health. All the trans fats and the sugar from the BBQ sauce is horrible if you eat stuff like that all the time.

Did you know that recently the International Diabetes Federation (bunch of doctors who study diabetes) redefined the disease to help get earlier detection and work more on preventing the full blown thing? Basically if you go to the doctor and the tests say you are close to having a bad blood sugar level they will tell you you've got early stages of diabetes at which point diet and exercise could hold off getting a full blown case for ten or twenty years or more!

I know, its not rib related, but in a way it is since ribs are one such food which is really bad for your body and could attribute to getting diabetes I thought it pertinent.
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm a bad hippy. I love ribs, and steaks and hotdogs and burgers and chicken and buffalo and octopus and anything as long as it tastes good.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:55 pm

I am a carnivore. I like most all meat. Veal kinda creeps me out though. I likes ribs.

"How much for dem ribs?"

Wasn't that real early Chris Rock in " Do The Right Thing"

Bill

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:10 pm

Adventurewagen wrote:I'd rather it be a cute little baby cow :-s
Pork ribs, Pork ribs. Leave the baby cows alone. Here piggy piggy!
Adventurewagen wrote:Did you know that recently the International Diabetes Federation (bunch of doctors who study diabetes) redefined the disease to help get earlier detection and work more on preventing the full blown thing? Basically if you go to the doctor and the tests say you are close to having a bad blood sugar level they will tell you you've got early stages of diabetes at which point diet and exercise could hold off getting a full blown case for ten or twenty years or more!

I know, its not rib related, but in a way it is since ribs are one such food which is really bad for your body and could attribute to getting diabetes I thought it pertinent.
Wow, good thing I finally said yes to the exercise program my wife's been trying to get me to take. And good thing I only ate 2 of the 6 racks I smoked for 7 hours on Saturday. :smt112
Keep it acoustic.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:49 am

vdubyah73 wrote:I am a carnivore. I like most all meat.
Indeed! And I agree about veal too.

I assume ya'll really know what PETA stands for?

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

There's plenty of room for all god's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:10 am

hambone wrote:Ribs are nasty, who th' hell digs eatin' a ribcage of somethin? Ew. Just think, they use to flex with every breath...
I like to think meat grows on nice little trees. It's My Way.
Was this meant to be funny???? Coming from a person named Hambone!!!! =D>

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:47 am

DurocShark wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:
:smt043 :smt046 :smt043
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 am

Hambone doesn't mean what you think it means. It's a racy 1920's African American expression Jazz age mumbo-jumbo.
I was born "funny" don't ask don't tell.
RIBS! I still think they're weird.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:40 pm

hambone wrote:Hambone doesn't mean what you think it means. It's a racy 1920's African American expression Jazz age mumbo-jumbo.
I was born "funny" don't ask don't tell.
RIBS! I still think they're weird.

Hambone, Sorry I let the "Cat out of the Bag" (like I would ever bag a cat) about your humor in one of my first post. But you are one funny dude! And playing the "Bones" "Tickeling the Ivories" is a referance to plaing the piano, Im sure you know that. You are such a 'Ol soul. But I will never eat ribs again ! 8)

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Why don't beef ribs count?

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:10 pm

DjEep wrote:Why don't beef ribs count?
I've excluded them. They pale in comparison to pork ribs. Just my opinion of course.
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Beef is yummy!