Seriously now, Babyback or Spare?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

When you're going to the time and trouble of ribs, what do you choose?

Babyback
22%
Babyback
22%
Spare
No votes
Spare
No votes
Ribs...Yumm!
28%
Ribs...Yumm!
28%

Total votes: 18

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 pm

Wahl them squirrel ribs ain't too filling none
Colin
(rack of lamb yummmm, rosemary or mint) baa-a-a-a-a-a-a
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:15 pm

If you want to eat dead animal muscles, who am I to stop you.

PS: Colin, you forgot your sandwich, and your pb blaster, and your anti-seize!!!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:57 pm

chitwnvw wrote:If you want to eat dead animal muscles, who am I to stop you.

PS: Colin, you forgot your sandwich, and your pb blaster, and your anti-seize!!!
Exactly. My body says me and my ancestors have been eating dead muscle tissue for many many thousands of years, who am I to deny all of this physiological engineering.
Colin
(about my failing memory. . . is fish still considered memory enhancing?)

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:05 am

Colin I think only the Catholics eat fish on fridays, thats what I was raised to believe and respect in Orange Co. Ca. in the 50's , 60's in my Mom/Pop cafe . I still have the culture in me and eat fish once a week , not a Catholic and have been in places where I could eat all the abalone and lobster desired. Now I crave veggies, fresh and organic. What was the point of this thread? Gads I love this site on my days off =;

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:00 am

Elwood wrote: What was the point of this thread? Gads I love this site on my days off =;
I can't remember. Something about anti-seize fish garnished with PB Blaster. . .
Colin

PDX_Hops
Getting Hooked!

Post by PDX_Hops » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 am

I am a BBQ whore. Ribs, brisket, pulled pork- I love it all! Like Ron White says, I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to eat carrots!
'76 Westy Weekender- "Fran"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Elwood wrote: What was the point of this thread? Gads I love this site on my days off =;
I can't remember. Something about anti-seize fish garnished with PB Blaster. . .
Colin
It was a poll about ribs =P~ ... at least submit a vote #-o Thanks to all who have.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:26 pm

Amskeptic wrote: I can't remember. Something about anti-seize fish garnished with PB Blaster. . .
Colin
:smt104
Stay outta my kitchen.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Re: Seriously now, Babyback or Spare?

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Apologies to vegetarians and vegans.
Now this is the difference between Samba and IAC... you know there's a difference! =D>

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Re: Seriously now, Babyback or Spare?

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:Apologies to vegetarians and vegans.
Now this is the difference between Samba and IAC... you know there's a difference! =D>
I'm deeply honored with that distinction. Thank you. I always try to keep in mind that my perspective is not the only perspective.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Amskeptic wrote:...who am I to deny all of this physiological engineering.
Colin
(about my failing memory. . . is fish still considered memory enhancing?)
I thought this way for a long time. It's just an excuse. Sure Chimps eat meat, but we don't have to. Choose and stick with it. I think we treat our animals in factory farms like shit, I won't support that. Maybe that make me a nut. Sometimes you have to step up and do what's right.

I think the fish-memory this is an omega acid thing, go to a health food store...

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:03 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
I think we treat our animals in factory farms like shit, I won't support that. Sometimes you have to step up and do what's right.
After reading Fast Food Nation, I stopped frequenting fast food joints. Now that I find that corporate franchise eateries like Friendlys and Applebees cut corners any way they can, I do not trust them either. I don't trust the American food supply period.
This road trip has been vegetarian except for a quesadilla with The Sage, a punishing visit to White Castle with TrollFromDownBelow, and who did I have that pizza with? Carl Spackler?
But in a familiar hometown restaurant, I have been known to sink my fangs into a bloody rare prime rib cut from a local cow.
Colin

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:37 pm

Im sorry I could not vote in your poll. I love pork ribs way too much and can,t eat them any more. Makes me sad to be older and fat, but I choose to live to drive my Elwood to the Arctic and back, and then begin a long happy time with my Splitty. Both are for my two grandsons when they graduate from high school in 10 yrs or so. Im not a veggie purist, and eat raw, yes I said raw beef at least once a month. My body craves it! I too know from where it comes and love the satisfaction of a charred on the out side, bloody on the inside prime rib.

So there it is! Now can we talk about smoking or something that is truly a problem?

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:23 pm

I can't believe I forgot this:

www.peta-sucks.com
7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1. PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.
2. PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.
3. PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.
4. PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.
5. PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda.
6. PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.
7. PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:05 pm

meat is good...

vegetables are bad...