mid east about to erupt?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Re: mid east about to erupt?

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm

You should quote the posts that you're responding to because it's not clear exactly which posts managed to so effortlessly rattle your cage.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:21 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:we didn't fuck that part of world. the europeans did. check your history.

do a search about the significant increase of earthquake and volcanic activity over the past few years. we had earthquake damage in washington dc this year, it damaged the washington monument! i think that might be unusual.

edited to add
damn, i've been sucked back into the f/s forum

Bill, I'd like to see you in here more often, I do understand the need to stay out though and how it is easy to get sucked in, and then get pissed off.

Bill is correct, the Europeans or British have been messing around in the middle east, India and much of Africa for ages. Nothing new, people messing with others for ages.
We either become the solution or the problem though, and in the more recent past we have become the problem also.
In my conspiratorial far out there view what happened is the money people behind Europe doing this has been behind us doing it for years now. It's that money thing you know, follow the money, the bankers.
History shows the Rothschild's gained power over England through banking, history shows the Rothschild's involvement with the creation of our criminal federal reserve bank in 1913.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:28 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:we didn't fuck that part of world. the europeans did. check your history.

do a search about the significant increase of earthquake and volcanic activity over the past few years. we had earthquake damage in washington dc this year, it damaged the washington monument! i think that might be unusual.

edited to add
damn, i've been sucked back into the f/s forum

Bill, I'd like to see you in here more often, I do understand the need to stay out though and how it is easy to get sucked in, and then get pissed off.

Bill is correct, the Europeans or British have been messing around in the middle east, India and much of Africa for ages. Nothing new, people messing with others for ages.
We either become the solution or the problem though, and in the more recent past we have become the problem also.
In my conspiratorial far out there view what happened is the money people behind Europe doing this has been behind us doing it for years now. It's that money thing you know, follow the money, the bankers.
History shows the Rothschild's gained power over England through banking, history shows the Rothschild's involvement with the creation of our criminal federal reserve bank in 1913.
Indeed, who thrives in chaos?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Ok, I'm want to learn. Did we not meddle in 1953?

1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:54 pm

the uk, france, and portugal were the big ones, then there's the dutch, italians, germany and spain. what the us has been trying to do scince the end of ww2 is bring stability to the region. misguided maybe, but colonialism, no.

not pissed off chi just in disbelief over the lack of knowledge of high school level social studies.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

posting on a Wii, hard to do much of anything but pick and peck, gotta hold the remote just right or it could fly out of my hand and smash my tv. says so on the internets.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:24 pm

"..violent Islamism certainly remains a real challenge, but it will NOT shape world history. Many underestimated this in the last decade, starting with George W. Bush. "

timothy garton-ash
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 am

dingo wrote:"..violent Islamism certainly remains a real challenge, but it will NOT shape world history. Many underestimated this in the last decade, starting with George W. Bush. "

timothy garton-ash
Interesting. "IT" won't shape world history. How we react to "IT" can shape world history.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 am

sorry but the 3 western religions have been warring with each other for over 1000 years. ''it'' has shaped history. all three religions share blame.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:01 am

vdubyah73 wrote:sorry but the 3 western religions have been warring with each other for over 1000 years. ''it'' has shaped history. all three religions share blame.
And if we look underneath the warring religions? We find some beautiful stuff mangled beyond recognition by the people who lead their respective religions, who twist it to serve their unstated goals to amass power and riches in the name of God.

Almost in the same way I have tried to point out that our government is not the boogey man in the efforts to define this country's stated common purpose, the root *cause* of the bloodshed and disagreements distills to the efforts of a few to dominate the many. I think both the Bible and the Koran have words within them that show the distortions of people who are trying to consolidate power. There are researchers in religion today who are doing good work in trying to distill that distortion out of the writings that have been translated again and again through the ages

Looking at so many of these magnificent cathedrals here in New York, I am struck by what looks like a pompous disregard for the teachings of the guy who inspired them in the first place.

Likewise, looking at the Statue of Liberty, I see pompous disregard for this magnificent experiment in Democracy, getting mangled and distorted by the few, and they have unleashed an ignorant contempt for our government.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:02 am

agreed and well said, colin.

i mis-spoke when i said the 3 western religions had been warring with each other for over 1000 years. the tribes of the mid east all come from the same story. their first holy men are traced back to abraham and his sons. ishmail, the older, born to a servant, second wife. and isaac, younger, to his first wife. younger son was named heir. ishmael and mother were shut out. ishmaels people are still pissed all these 1000's of years later.