JonBenet Ramsey Case

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

JonBenet Ramsey Case

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:00 pm

The American Press circus is gearing up. . .

John Ramsey was a suspect for quite some time. You can see him stress the need to allow due process a chance to discover if this suspect is the real killer. Nothing like being in the cross-hairs to make you more sensitive to the value of a functional American Judicial System.

There are those who are tripping over themselves with filthy fantasies of what ought to be done with this guy. Some are ready to linch and dissect this guy alive and throw him to bubba the prison pimp. Why wait for sissy due-process? What do their revenge fantasies say about them?

The dripping sentimental hysterics are writhing in sympathetic horror to the thought that this poor precious innocent little creature was snuffed out by some monster some hideous monster, some unimagineable monster.
Puhleeeze.

The sheer number of children who have met an unfortunate end over the past decade is the problem. It surrounds us. I look at Nancy Grace, and I do not believe hers is a heartfelt horror. It is grandstanding.

I was pretty sure that John Ramsey had something to do with his daughter's death. I have to re-calibrate my beliefs because I have discovered something about who I am in that erroneous assumption.
I am not proud of what I am finding. Something about hang the rich and not believing their emotional reaction to the death of their daughter.

I still think JonBenet was robbed of her childhood before she was robbed of her life. God how we over-do it here in America. My guess is that little girl was pretty lonely as she was driven outside of herself to perform for others.

My girlfriend's six year-old daughter played make-up one afternoon, and I answered her honestly when she vamped and asked me how she looked. . . I said she looked very sick almost dead with that blue junk smeared all over her eyes and lips(?). She was pissed, get used to it girl. But when I spontaneously told her many weeks later that she was beautiful and complicated too, that little smile told me that she believed me. I earned that.

I hope John Ramsey gets some closure. I hope we Americans really do maintain some dignity through this sad sordid affair. And if the guy turns out to be making up his confession for attention, I hope people understand the syndrome where sad little people will do anything for attention. Just like children.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Do you still feel the confessor did it?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:05 pm

chitwnvw wrote:Do you still feel the confessor did it?
I really can't say. I am perfectly willing to wait and see how it plays out with the DNA results.
I'm as or more interested in watching how people respond to it.
Colin

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:44 pm

It seems to me like a classic case of three card monte, or a shell game. It's all about distraction. September 11th commision about to come clean that the administration lied during testimony, so, smoke and mirrors... everybody look over there! British born Pakistani bombers!... look we found who killed that little exploited girl 10 (that's right TEN years ago). Pay no attention to the man behind the curtian. Let's go to mars and we can build a space station on the moon! The thing is I really don't consider myself much of a conspiracy theorist... but when I really look at what's happening. Damn! Sorry, I forgot I was the word nanny so: SHIT! and FUCK!
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:55 pm

LiveonJG wrote:It's all about distraction. September 11th commision about to come clean that the administration lied during testimony, so, smoke and mirrors... everybody look over there! British born Pakistani bombers!... look we found who killed that little exploited girl 10 (that's right TEN years ago).
9/11 came just in time to distract us from the Enron/Cheney/California energy crisis. I am not a conspiracy theorist by training, but really, why were there no plane remains found at the Pentagon? Why were there no black boxes found in New York? Fair questions that have yielded explosive rebukes against my patriotism.
Colin

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:21 am

Right on LiveonJG and Amskeptic,
I've been watching things closely for over a year, they often or should I say always come up with something to distract,,, once you know what's going on, you can see almost every pre- thought out deception tactic,,, it is totally amazing, seriously, you see one of the best most thought out deception and propaganda jobs every known to mankind to date.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:29 am

My guess is that little girl was pretty lonely as she was driven outside of herself to perform for others.
This is kind of off topic but relates to this point (and a bus) go see Little Miss Sunshine...the beauty pagent at the end puts that whole industry on the block.

Even if Karr didn't do it, I think his history justifies a closer look at him by a jury. Who in the hell can do that to a child???? Bleck, I am getting to disenchanted for a tuesday morning.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:42 am

spiffy wrote: Who in the hell can do that to a child????
First, please understand that I strongly believe in the power of choice, we choose our actions regardless of our motivation/inspiration.

But the motivation/inspiration often comes from early unremembered places. That's where resides all kinds of unbelievable things.

As a society, we need to address motivation/inspiration to answer your question and questions like who wants to be a terrorist anyway?

It gets muddy quick. Half of those who rant against others so frothily are guilty of the same motivations/inspirations as those they disparage. They are throwing up a smoke screen against their own impulses. Think, J.Edgar Hoover, Jim Bakker, Henry Hyde, Bob Livingston, Jimmy Swaggart, the list is endless of those who were caught doing EXACTLY what they thundered against.

I can see a lonely hapless frightened isolated yet cunning manipulative secretive little Peter Pan in this guy Karr, who has made wrong choices for which he must answer. I don't see a murderer in him yet, but who knows? Stay tuned. . .
Colin

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:04 am

I work in Hunter's Point, the "ghetto" of San Francisco. When a little black girl is killed it gets a 2nd-page-of-the-local-news-section-it-the-"local-digest" treatment. But exploited rich white kid? ChaChing for CNN!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:16 am

Amskeptic wrote:Fair questions that have yielded explosive rebukes against my patriotism.
Colin
Did you hear Bush actually say that people against the war in Iraq weren't unAmerikan today??? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
spiffy wrote: Who in the hell can do that to a child????
First, please understand that I strongly believe in the power of choice, we choose our actions regardless of our motivation/inspiration.

But the motivation/inspiration often comes from early unremembered places. That's where resides all kinds of unbelievable things.

As a society, we need to address motivation/inspiration to answer your question and questions like who wants to be a terrorist anyway?

It gets muddy quick. Half of those who rant against others so frothily are guilty of the same motivations/inspirations as those they disparage. They are throwing up a smoke screen against their own impulses. Think, J.Edgar Hoover, Jim Bakker, Henry Hyde, Bob Livingston, Jimmy Swaggart, the list is endless of those who were caught doing EXACTLY what they thundered against.

I can see a lonely hapless frightened isolated yet cunning manipulative secretive little Peter Pan in this guy Karr, who has made wrong choices for which he must answer. I don't see a murderer in him yet, but who knows? Stay tuned. . .
Colin
I agree, it comes down to what people have lodged into their brains' nether regions and then is brought to the fore front when a decision is made by that person to act out those burried feelings/thoughts/fantasies. After that first decision is made and the person again decides that what he/she thought was acceptable has now changed and thus they have launched themselves down the road of the habitual offender. Karr reminds of the charater 'tweek' from South Park......even if the guy is just loathing for attention and he had nothing to do with it, why would he associate himslef to something like this case? "look at me, I'm a perv!" It will be interesting to see what happens in CO.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:29 pm

My thoughts, after reading Colins take on it, even if I didn't want to because of just what he said uggg! So much hype in the media, and Nancy Glace or whatever her name is, makes me so angry I get sick anytime I can,t click by her "Reporting " fast enough. The sad story so filled our lives, like was said, over TEN years ago!!!! And there is our leader on a Harley with Shades on Looking Cool ala Clinton with his Sax so long ago too. However Clinton was Cool and Bush is NOT!!!

The also sad and obviously troubled man does look like PeeWee Herman.
Paul Rubens the actor I like and respect for good roles ie: Blow. was exploited for a stupid decision. Also looks like the caracture on SNL, Marty Short played, can,t remember his name, but seems to me he will be used for a decoy to other things going on we should be WAY MORE informed about. I hate to say I hope he is found guilty of the horrible crime, but maybe it would be better for all---If true????

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:44 pm

spiffy wrote: even if the guy is just loathing for attention and he had nothing to do with it, why would he associate himslef to something like this case? "look at me, I'm a perv!"
Ever read Lolita? Humbert Humbert was so enthralled with Dolores that he pretty much threw his life away in a desperate attempt to recapture a long-ago chance encounter in his early youth where he remembered being truly alive. He finds out too late that you cannot recapture the past.

This Karr guy was so bound up in his "love" of JonBenet as per his emails to that professor in Colorado, that I think he wanted to go down in a "blaze of infamy" associated forever with the object of his "devotion."
This is clearly a man who hates himself to death.
Colin

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Elwood wrote:
I hate to say I hope he is found guilty of the horrible crime, but maybe it would be better for all---If true????
I can't say I have a hope either way. That girl's life is gone. I hope her life served us as a message to leave these kids alone! Let them play without that suffocating adult involvement, yuck.

Karr has a reckoning to address either way. . . a thoroughly thrown away life.
Colin

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:05 pm

Jeez, parents will raise their kids to be like them. Old man Ramsey, had a ton of money and he married a beauty queen, the perks of doing well. They had a girl and they made her a beauty contestant, this is what the parents knew and respected, who are we to judge. The worship of 35 year old foreign cars is just as stupid.