Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obama?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obam

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Romney's hitting me as the sanest of the frightenly extremist options. The least likely to implode.

I dunno pj.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

pj wrote: Yeah if it wasn't for those damn fool Americans who are too stupid to realize all the good things the dear leader had planned for us, just think where we could be? Everyday that goes by is just one day closer to Mr Obama joining the millions of his fellow citizens drawing unemployment in 2013.
He was elected with a healthy majority. Your fellow Americans selected his platform as the better choice. The opposition party, however, had other ideas. Our fickle electorate is still restlessly looking for quick fixes.

I do not think Obama is going to get thrown out of office, particularly if he grows a pair.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 pm

At least there's entertainment value in the fact that there are people out there trying to rip apart Obama while they promote as a potential President of the US some of the least sane, least capable people on the planet. Criticizing Obama and then rooting for men and women like Romney, or Bachmann, or Cain is like ripping the job Andy was doing as sheriff while lobbying to have Barney take over the department. It's good for both chuckles and tears, like any good television.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 am

I've heard it mentioned on talk radio and then again on today's Today program that if a republican voter's number one issue is security/war on terrorism then they should think hard about voting for Obama.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 am

Amskeptic wrote:
pj wrote: Yeah if it wasn't for those damn fool Americans who are too stupid to realize all the good things the dear leader had planned for us, just think where we could be? Everyday that goes by is just one day closer to Mr Obama joining the millions of his fellow citizens drawing unemployment in 2013.
He was elected with a healthy majority. Your fellow Americans selected his platform as the better choice.
I think Obama got a lot of anti-Bush votes.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 am

I think he got a bump but look at the amount of money he was able to raise and how. Lots of small donors. I don't think those were from the anti-bush camp.

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Post by jimbear » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Slo'bama got the votes, granted many were Bush backlashers, but isn't America ALWAYS ready for another Dem after 8 years of the others in office? How do we always forget what life is like under republican presidents????? I will say that when the Reagan recession hit in the 80's I experienced it full force when my pop lost his business and was enemployed for 1/2 a year...I still take that personally..those tax cuts did not help us either and tossed the economy into a tail spin, freaking movie stars! And what is with the modern republicans and war...WAR...?...people die!! Look what the recent wars have ACTUALLY done to our economy...made the elite echelon (many Republicans--Cheny!!) mega rich and screwed the common man. Wars have not been good for the US economy since WWII yet we keep on trying...you go repubes...

As I get more and more pessimistic and agrivated I keep coming back to this idea that Colin put out there...
Amskeptic wrote:Our fickle electorate is still restlessly looking for quick fixes.
There is much truth in this, especially the 'fickle' and 'quick fixes' parts. It really is a scary notion that we are not willing to look at the real issues as a whole nation...we overspend on the macro and micro levels--debt and credit 'beyond our means nightmare- and we are national suckers for immediate gratification and denial.

This is to frustrating to go on with... :pukeright:
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:27 pm

jimbear wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Our fickle electorate is still restlessly looking for quick fixes.

This is too frustrating to go on with... :pukeright:
There you have it. A fickle American.
Colin
(breathe and do what you have to do)
(like I had to drop my engine twice in 36 hours)

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 am

Yes, quick fixes, quick comments, etc, etc. People need to look, and keep looking till they found the errors and reasons for these errors.
Government made bigger than it should be with power to turn over our money system to international private banksters who run and and own the Federal Reserve Bank, this is a big one. Life could be very tough after ending the great money lender for the nation, probably why most people still beg the masters for better treatment instead of tossing them out on the street.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:11 am

I got to see Herman Cain yesterday at a football game in Alabama. It was weird to see him there, is is a small school in Birmingham. He did capture a lot of attention there, I went by him but did not get a picture (yeah and I am always saying pictures), and did not shake his hand but could have.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:14 pm

I can already hear the closet racists telling their friends over a Denny's breakfast " screw that- we already tried letting a black be President and it didn't work out. Never again.". Even if Cain weren't looney, he'd have very little chance.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

Velokid1 wrote:I can already hear the closet racists telling their friends over a Denny's breakfast " screw that- we already tried letting a black be President and it didn't work out. Never again.". Even if Cain weren't looney, he'd have very little chance.
I am hoping that there is some sort of self-correction sense in us voters, where we have that nagging intuition that tells us to avoid the shallow and the specious.
Colin :flower:

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:35 am

Amskeptic wrote: I do not think Obama is going to get thrown out of office, particularly if he grows a pair.
Colin
Which growth, I submit, is unlikely to occur.

As my fellow Canadian Brad said "He sold his soul to the devil".
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I can already hear the closet racists telling their friends over a Denny's breakfast " screw that- we already tried letting a black be President and it didn't work out. Never again.". Even if Cain weren't looney, he'd have very little chance.
Two points I'd like to make regarding this.
My experience with ultra right wingers " deep south fundies" They consider liberal democrats " secular humanists" spawn of satan < No sarcasm Intended>

Herman Cain was falsely accused of sexual harassment by two women, and his company gave those two women money.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:56 pm

So in an effort to bolster the credibility of his "no abortions, no exceptions" position, Cain reminds the red-meat hungry with the old saw that birth control is a plot of genocide against people of color. I wonder how that's going to fly?

I've never met a secular humanist I didn't like.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.