Donald Trump And The Republic

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Donald Trump And The Republic

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am

It honestly scares me that Donald Trump still has serious support amongst my fellow Americans. I know him as a fellow New Yorker who piled into his real estate goings-on, and I do not believe in the slightest that a Texas rancher, or a West Virginia coal miner or an Ohio auto worker would have given him the time of day had he shown up as a New York real estate developer. "Hi!" No, power was annointed upon his head by a system distorted by money. Money is not red, money is not blue, money is green.

I have discussed it at length with many members of this forum and with customers at Itinerant Air-Cooled appointments. These discussions start off by disengaging from our political affiliations, by promising each other that this is half time, not red or blue call to colors.

There are some folks who find it difficult to disengage from their team to just look at the American landscape as it is. We are, we are in this together. There are now trigger words that can speed out ahead of a conversation and make foregone conclusions that are just completely wrong about the person standing face-to-face with us. Stop it already.

How can you go to a corporate retreat and discuss "collaboration" "compromise" "synergy" "mutual respect" "actionable plans" in the service of making money, but we can't do the same for the direction of this country?

What on Earth happened to us? Why am I now utterly embarrassed to converse with a child about their future participation in this Experiment of Democracy?

We have to step up and collaborate, compromise, work together with mutual respect, and try to save this country from what is incontrovertibly our lowest moment in modern history.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Donald Trump And The Republic

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:50 am

Who here is keeping abreast of the Impeachment Proceedings?

Who here has an opinion of the Impeachment Proceedings?

Who here was alive during the Watergate Hearings?

Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Re: Donald Trump And The Republic

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am

Watching the hearings when I can.
I think they have caught Trump redhanded and Pence is also caught up in this sooo now what? I don't think the GOP Senate will do anything soo Censure of Trump is what will happen. There is no way Trump and Pence will be kicked out of office.
Yes, I was alive then and the GOP had a big hand in stopping Nixon unlike today where the GOP only cares about staying in Power and passing laws to benefit the Rich.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/