Hi from the newbie!

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Post by ZeppVW » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:33 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Welcome to the forum. Looks like you soon will have your trouble resolved. Lots of IAC folk up in Portland, you should try to make a Lucky Lab gathering. I need to do that again myself.

-John
Ok, i'm outta the loop.......what's the Lucky Lab gathering?
Keep on rockin' in the free world...

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 pm

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtopic.php?t=2301

This is just the latest thread. The Portland crowd gets together every Monday eve @ a good brewpub called The Lucky Lab. I've been to one of these get togethers and it was a fun time. I met Stephan (Gypsie), Hal (tristessa) and his wife, Mary, Jasan (Westy78), and Lee (Trotsky). Wish I could go more often. That being said, the Eugene contingent is growing and I will float the notion of a weekly or bi-monthly gathering at say, High Street? ZeppVW, skindaddio, Boobs and Ham Sandwiches (I love that name), DJEep? What say you?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Post by ZeppVW » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:13 pm

LiveonJG wrote: the Eugene contingent is growing and I will float the notion of a weekly or bi-monthly gathering at say, High Street? ZeppVW, skindaddio, Boobs and Ham Sandwiches (I love that name), DJEep? What say you?

-John
High street is good....or the beer stein is good as well :) Tell me when/where and i'll be there!

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Welcome Miss Zora. I'd offer up a hand but that's one job I've never done. Although I'm never one to turn away using someone else's bus as a learning tool. Ain't that right Mr. IFB? :compress:

Maybe we need to have a weekend get together at the Lab for all the "locals" north and south and close that sucka down one of these nights. I think among all of us Ptown locals we could find a parking spot to sleep it off for all you out of towners. I have enough parking for two or three buses. John, Spiff, Zepp, DJ, Skin, Miss Zora, what do ya say? Maybe even IFB could make a rare appearance on a weekend night. Am I forgetting anyone?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 pm

That sounds like a great idea!!!! How's 7/28 look? Also what we should do is plan a fall/winter weekend at Champoeg State Park for the Intinerant Crowd. It's close, easy, power, rec hall, fireplace.. rain what more could you want? Maybe when Colin's in town. If you haven't met Colin that might be a good opportunity if we can swing it.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 pm

IFBwax wrote:That sounds like a great idea!!!! How's 7/28 look? Also what we should do is plan a fall/winter weekend at Champoeg State Park for the Intinerant Crowd. It's close, easy, power, rec hall, fireplace.. rain what more could you want? Maybe when Colin's in town. If you haven't met Colin that might be a good opportunity if we can swing it.
7/28 works for me. I like the Champoeg idea too. Or maybe even Silver Falls. They have a group camp area don't they? No rec hall though, at least I don't think so. When is Colin going to be here? September sometime right? As long as it's not the week we'll be in the San Juans.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Cool or even October. Silver Falls is nice. Or maybe we could break in that new state park over by Vernonia.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:50 pm

6/28 is night #2 at Horning’s Hideout for the last String Cheese Incident run at that fine venue. I will be indisposed :drunken:

-John
Keep it acoustic.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:52 pm

Maybe we should just find a weekend now in late Sep or Oct? It's going to be hard enough getting everyone together for 2 events. But maybe? Who knows.

Frank Bama

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:10 pm

IFBwax wrote:Maybe we should just find a weekend now in late Sep or Oct? It's going to be hard enough getting everyone together for 2 events. But maybe? Who knows.
How about the weekend of Sept. 22-23 for an IAC member camp out? Late September, early October I'm gone hunting. After that I'm open.

Lucky Lab we can do any weekend next month depending on when everyone can make it. The next two weekends I'll be out camping.

Wow, talk about hijacking a thread in record time. :pirate:

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Post by ZeppVW » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 pm

I think the idea of a weekend Lab night is great....and the IAC camping idea is even better.

My schedule is pretty free....but my bus is still not here.....hopefully in a week, but that's what i thought last week so who knows when it will finally be on its way.....

Where is champoeg and silver falls any way?

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm wide open that weekend.

Jasan or someone can you start this thread on the other place?

Champoeg is N. of Salem...

Silverfalls is east of Silverton... kind of east of Salem.

Frank Bama

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 pm

IFBwax wrote:I'm wide open that weekend.

Jasan or someone can you start this thread on the other place?
You betcha...

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtop ... 6124#36124

and for the camping weekend

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtop ... 6125#36125

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:11 pm

IFBwax wrote:I hope you won't hold that against her.
I will, just to be contrary. :blackeye:

Seriously though, welcome aboard. I know a few tricks with the steering column & lock assembly on the late ('75-'79) Busses, and while I've never had to deal with a broken key in one of them, I've had success getting key pieces out of other ignition locks with a dental pick and/or a pair of hemostats. I've also wound up as the "go-to guy" for copying broken keys at work .. seem to have a talent for it. <shrug>

But I've got basically no free time until the end of next week. I'm off tomorrow and have to do a bunch of housework, then working Friday to make up hours from the Pickle engine install last Saturday and working through until at least Wednesday .. possibly Thursday 'cuz I'm taking next Saturday off to go to a festival in Eugene, but won't know until the new schedule comes out on Saturday.

If you've got a matched set of locks on the Bus (where one key works in everything), *DO* *NOT* let anyone talk you into replacing the ignition lock unless it's seriously "FUBAR"ed. Only thing I've ever seen wrong is a worn tab at the bottom of the cylinder, which is the piece that turns the actual (electrical) switch .. pretty straightforward to replace. Done it, not a big deal.

For a weekend Lab gathering .. or hell, any other venue for that matter .. Saturdays are OK, Sundays work very well since the store closes at 4pm.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Boobs n' Ham Sandwiches
I'm New!

Post by Boobs n' Ham Sandwiches » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:58 am

LiveonJG wrote:http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtopic.php?t=2301

This is just the latest thread. The Portland crowd gets together every Monday eve @ a good brewpub called The Lucky Lab. I've been to one of these get togethers and it was a fun time. I met Stephan (Gypsie), Hal (tristessa) and his wife, Mary, Jasan (Westy78), and Lee (Trotsky). Wish I could go more often. That being said, the Eugene contingent is growing and I will float the notion of a weekly or bi-monthly gathering at say, High Street? ZeppVW, skindaddio, Boobs and Ham Sandwiches (I love that name), DJEep? What say you?

-John

Sounds fine to me, but I'm not sure how long it will take to get Disco Stu drivable and registered (just moved up here from CA, still got to get my new license before I can register anything.) DjEep and I are going to drop his engine on Saturday and see if we can't get it fixed up and running again. After he's drivable, he's gonna be butt-ugly until I manage to get him repainted.