Someone backed into the 914...

All Porsche 911's, 912's & 914's.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Someone backed into the 914...

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Now that we have only aircooled cars, we drive the 914 alot more than the Westy as its heat really works great in the winter plus its easy to park.
Monique got backed into the other day.....
got several repair quotes and got enough money to repair the damage and get new tires for the 16" rims....

Image :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

back to driving it everyday until its warmer out. Gotta find some time to fix the heat in the Ghia.. :compress:
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Someone backed into the 914...

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Bleyseng wrote:Now that we have only aircooled cars, we drive the 914 alot more than the Westy as its heat really works great in the winter plus its easy to park.
Monique got backed into the other day.....
It drives me quite mad to think of the inestimable damage unleashed each day by people who are distracted. Was there any pushback on the estimate? I have a pending case with a logging truck that barely hit the Lexus, but dang if the repair costs aren't still astronomical. His insurance company is leaning on me because it is a 17 year-old car.
Well. Sorry.
If I want to put it back to the condition that it was in before the hit, then I really do need to have an OEM taillamp that doesn't go opaque in two years. Yet they feel that because it is 17, it doesn't deserve an OEM taillamp. Kinda like HMOs telling you how your doctor is going to fix you.
Colin

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:53 pm

No problems with the insurance co paying to NOS parts ($$$$$) to repair the car. Paint and bodywork were pretty straight forward as I got 3 estimates that they averaged plus added in the NOS parts to do the repair. I had the NOS parts in stock so I made out fine. =D>
The insurance co adjuster wanted to "make it right" as its 35 year old car in excellent shape.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Bleyseng wrote:No problems with the insurance co paying to NOS parts ($$$$$) to repair the car. Paint and bodywork were pretty straight forward as I got 3 estimates that they averaged plus added in the NOS parts to do the repair. I had the NOS parts in stock so I made out fine. =D>
The insurance co adjuster wanted to "make it right" as its 35 year old car in excellent shape.
Good luck and take of that car. I still want to land a 1976 Carrera before I die or get feeble . . . it would be cool to get a dogleg first gear transaxle for that car, ah well . . .