I defiled it..

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

I defiled it..

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm

ok....sorry - realize I am waaaay out of line, but hey.... SOMEBODY ... created this forum topic. I let it set for several days and waited....just couldn't stand to see zero posts and zero views. And I'm feeling a little mischievous....feels like i found this pristine beach....no footprints in the pure white sand...beautifully clear blue waters ... not a boat or a soul in site. So I feel this compelling urge to do cartwheels and sand angles (if you are from the cold mid west equivalent to snow angels).

So I posted first. :geek:

Please, any forum administrators, do not hesitate to delete. Zero hard feelings.... I had my frolic in the sand.

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: I defiled it..

Post by asiab3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: I had my frolic in the sand.
You mean the snow? I see you guys have a brisk 19* low expected tonight. Enjoy it, I'll be shivering my butt off doing actual sand angeles at the beach. :geek:

Mid sixties this week,
Robbie

1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 am

asiab3 wrote:
You mean the snow? I see you guys have a brisk 19* low expected tonight. Enjoy it, I'll be shivering my butt off doing actual sand angeles at the beach. :geek:

Mid sixties this week,
Robbie
And I am loading up NaranjaWesty in the two warm days unexpectedly provided here in Atlanta so that I may flee to Florida.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 am

asiab3 wrote:

Mid sixties this week,
Robbie

Nice. BTW, where are you, and what are you doing? Last I saw on TheSamba, you were living in Detroit and had a job at Parts Place.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

andrewtf
I'm New!

Post by andrewtf » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:51 pm

I too have waited - so as to not be the first to soil a sparkling new topic.

But - I'll chime in - since I am vicariously already invested in this thread via Robbie's posted photo.

Count me in for next year with a task filling me with trepidation. The anxiously anticipated conversion back to fuel injection.

FI parts rolling in as we speak (or type).

Colin, Do I want to pull the engine for this? I've never swum in those waters and the sharks make me nervous.

Andrew

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Re: I deflowered it.......

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Looking forward to 2017 and everything VW again. Been working a new job, learning new skills, slowly converting my passenger model into a hardtop westy (all reversable, retaining all of the original bits.) Just hung some curtains this past week. Looking forward to getting back out there and doing a hell of a lot more camping than I have done the past few years.

I will NOT be missing out on this years Itinerant schedule darnit anyway. I feel like the bus is going through Colin withdrawals.
1979 California Transporter

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:BTW, where are you, and what are you doing? Last I saw on TheSamba, you were living in Detroit and had a job at Parts Place.
We had pizza and beer in, what, mid-October? Wow, life flies! That job was viable for a few days, but I also drove back across the continent, replaced my camshaft along the way, started an experimental school, met more than a dozen enthralling young VW enthusiasts, and put some 5,900 miles on an engine after "promising" it a new head, case, and bearings about 5,100 miles ago. Kate respectfully declined my offer to help move her across the country, minutes before bumptiously declining my offer to ever see her again.

Life goes on, as reliably as a Type 1 bus. But faster,
Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

asiab3 wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote:BTW, where are you, and what are you doing? Last I saw on TheSamba, you were living in Detroit and had a job at Parts Place.
We had pizza and beer in, what, mid-October? Wow, life flies! That job was viable for a few days, but I also drove back across the continent, replaced my camshaft along the way, started an experimental school, met more than a dozen enthralling young VW enthusiasts, and put some 5,900 miles on an engine after "promising" it a new head, case, and bearings about 5,100 miles ago. Kate respectfully declined my offer to help move her across the country, minutes before bumptiously declining my offer to ever see her again.

Robbie
Did we actually get together? We talked about meeting up and using my driveway for maintenance, but I don't think schedules aligned. My memory is failing, but I think I'd remember. (I'm zeen over there). If you make it back here, let's do it. I have an annual membership with free guests at the Henry Ford Museum, always a good time.

Anyway, sounds like you're having a great time in your travels, enjoy. I'm on the other side of the career grind from you, I should really be taking advantage of the freedom and hit the road.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 pm

asiab3 wrote:

Robbie
Isn't it the young whipper snappers that are supposed to have the crack memory? It was me and my wife Shannon that met you and Kate at Roak in October for 'tizers and beer. :joker: Sounds like all is well with you. Yes, your picture looks enticing - I do wish I had a longer riding season, however, the winter season appreciates the good weather all that much more. :pirate:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:26 am

Oh gee, oh gosh. Wow.

Sorry gentleman, I can't get my avatar names straight these days.

Mike, I absolutely had you and Shannon in mind when I wrote that.

HippieWannabe, sorry we couldn't get our schedules aligned! I just might be making a Midwest trip next summer to visit a few families around Chicago that I miss already.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:37 am

asiab3 wrote:Oh gee, oh gosh. Wow.

Sorry gentleman, I can't get my avatar names straight these days.

Mike, I absolutely had you and Shannon in mind when I wrote that.

HippieWannabe, sorry we couldn't get our schedules aligned! I just might be making a Midwest trip next summer to visit a few families around Chicago that I miss already.

Robbie
I, I . . . I feel so much less senile today. How refreshing.
Colin
( I remember you, hippiewannabe, and you too, TrollFromDownBelow, and even you, asiab4youlostyourmind)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

:flower:
60 beetle
78 bus

Happyfolk
Getting Hooked!

Post by Happyfolk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm

asiab3 wrote:

Mid sixties this week,
Robbie

That ketchup & mustard bus is Big Emma right?
79 CA FI Westy
Mexico Beige
"Sandy"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Robbie, are you staying in CA? Last I saw you, you were considering the big D.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Post by jimbear » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Almost saved up for a 2017 Itinerary visit. Looking forward to the schedule.
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup