Florida Interlude Two

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Florida Interlude Two

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 pm

sgkent wrote:I offered him one to two days work plus food and all the coffee he wanted then he ignored me again. So I came by here thinking if I bad mouthed him he'd show some signs of life. So here is my best shot at bad mouthing him -> Colin, you have deeply frustrated Bob D, and Chloe by paying so much attention to your new love Naranja. They feel cast off. What are you thinking? They need loving too.
You know Steve . . . I am guessing that the BobD and Chloe are resting with relief. You have to experience spending a whole summer with me where your generator never quite cools down before you are being yanked back up to 6,400 rpm for hours on end, or perhaps your fuel pump has to run for 14 hours straight all night because the driver thinks the red lights on the wind turbines look nice in the middle of the night and the sand and the mud and hail, the hail. Those two are most likely pretty happy not to be getting sprayed with gravel from 18 wheelers swerving onto the shoulder again and again because their driver is trying to reeeeaaach over to the passenger seat to get the bag of cheez-doodles.

NOW THEN, my dossier on you has all of our correspondences up to:
To: SGKent (Offline)
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:07 pm
Subject: Re: where

As far as wheel wells, are you looking for primer, actual car color topcoat, then Waxoyl?
ColinIn Miami
and then it it is Radio Silence from there on out, big guy . . . :bom:

PM me your list! The actual triaged list from most-important to least-important!
You toos the rest of yoos . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:24 pm

I will PM - I did answer you but never heard back.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:06 pm

SlowLane wrote:
sgkent wrote:your new love Naranja.
I get the sense that whatever is driving Colin to perform the miracles he is achieving with Naranja, it isn't love.

Outrage, perhaps. :angryfire:

Outrage in the service of love . . .

The car was mauled in its youth. Each operation I perform helps restore its rightful state of engineering.
Yesterday's Valdosta stop, for example:

A neglected horn brush was eating itself alive, I could hear it when I turned the steering wheel:

Re-bent the curve to a new spot, polished it, dielectric greased it (hit the dimmer contacts too while I was there):

Polished the steering wheel brass ring and got rid of Fred The Oversprayer yellow fingerprints on the underside of the steering wheel rim and spokes:

I did all of this only along the way to the tachometer where I cut out a new coffee cup lid light diffuser. So now I have an illuminated tachometer dial and a quiet-turning steering wheel and a dimmer switch that shall outlast me:

This is how the tach looked in the Road Warrior outside of Kansas City in 2007:

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles