Itinerant Air-Cooled Is Off To Florida Calls

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Is Off To Florida Calls

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:41 pm

But first . . . you all did not know the Psycho Analytics I conducted coming up from Florida at the end of the Naranja Westy Refresh Wrap Up.

Here, a refresher quote from:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12838#p218232
Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 am
My unexpectedly beloved Kodak EZ Share camera, whose efforts were behind every single photograph and video I have taken since 2006, has died. It went into a seizure yesterday, could not focus, and struggled to set the lens with a tic that would not stop twitching . . . I hammered it with my 12# sledge a few times to see if I could discover what was wrong with it. And I did. Like an aircraft accident investigator, I had to distinguish between the impact of the hammer and the chronic wear-out of whatever screwed up the aperture/zoom.
Well, I have to confess that at the time it had seemed proper to fling the remnants of that poor camera to the winds and the weeds of the Valdosta abandoned cul-de-sac worksite 8 miles north of the Valdosta steering box rebuild field. Flung too was the memory card and a loyal little battery. I have been feeling wretched in some corner of my mind ever since. It lacked reverence. So I returned to the Valdosta abandoned cul-de-sac worksite yesterday and I gathered up as many pieces of that poor camera as I could find.
Aircraft Accident Investigations Sleuthing 201 - The Debris Field:

Found the memory card under a pile of leaves trapped by a wicked vine thicket:

Here is the plastic "zoom cylinder". It has straight gouges from the impact of the sledge, but you can see the diagonal gouge that finally kerfluffled the electronics:

I am a terrible and violent camera repairman:

This "new" camera-same-as-the-old-camera seemed to take very alert nervous pictures. I would too, if I had to photograph that carnage. I took a picture of the printed circuit board upon which is the "menu" button. You see, this "new" camera does not give me access to the menu. I might need to fix it real good, too . . .
(see the button labels on the board "left" "right" "up" "down" got it, but OK is titled "do-it":

I put all the shattered parts of my old camera in a WalMart bag. From it, I shall glean how to access the menu button/board without a sledge hammer. Gawd, I will have to, like, use a screwdriver and stuff . . .

ANYWAYS, the memory card did indeed have stored memories of my trip from Florida to Georgia on January Twenty Something through January Twenty Something other. I did touch up both bumpers:

. . . and put plastic caps over the bolts just like the BobD:

Rebuilt both sliding door latch mechanisms, this, the last picture my Kodak Easy Share z612 took:

I attempted to rebuild the original fuel pump, after giving it and the pump currently on the car, a careful live test/cleaning with two buckets of gasoline, two wires from the battery, and sparks aplenty when testing the terminally stalled original pump:

Here is the original pump just coming apart, beautiful fresh brushes and commutator:

The armature was welded to the housing with varnish, "locked rotor" was never so locked as this:

Then it got too cold, so Whinebaby Fuel Pump Rebuilder gave it up, threw it in a stinky plastic bag and chucked it into the engine compartment's left battery tray area where it sits until I have the time and the temps to hopefully save it. Not two hours after I gave this job up, the car went wonky as mentioned in the above link to the Naranja Westy Refresh Wrap Up thread.

I will give you an update on this trip back down to Florida tomorrow, replete with pictures of Jesus Christ Himself in the midst of tanks and guns. I know, I AM in Florida now.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Is Off To Florida Calls

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:14 am

Departed Atlanta GA on February 12th at 10:30am for Florida. In a tidy coincidence, the onramp acceleration lane hosted this:

A new Wix (NAPA supplied) fuel filter and a freshly blocked-off EGR valve-to-intake manifold gave me a smooth uneventful trip to this feverish reminder:

and . . .

. . . yes, yes I have, thank-you very much, I have decided to fuel up at mile Marker 427, thanks for asking.

This happy Florida family could use a little work on their postures:

Hard to see, but on the right side of the billboard, the recipient of this kind invitation extended by the person on the left is not looking too well:

See the happy couple on the top of this billboard? Then they got married, see the bottom. Well, you can interpret this horrendous composition that way . . . These billboards are ridiculous, and they presume to speak for Jesus, and that is plain offensive:

But the cold send-off in Georgia was getting warmer by the mile as I headed south into JesusWarningLand:
Today, I paint the gas pedal and keep getting rid of overspray around the windows. When I get to the Weisswurst Wonderworld of Wanton Wiring Woes, I shall finish the exhaust system refresh, then head to Miami for a day with VW Treasure, Jivermo and maybe a few strays.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

skip
Getting Hooked!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Is Off To Florida Calls

Post by skip » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:43 am

You have something in common;

Jesus saves souls