Welcome To The 2016 Itinerary

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Welcome To The 2016 Itinerary

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Welcome to the what, fourteenth? Itinerant Air-Cooled lap of America.

WHY
The best mechanic to work on your Volkswagen is you. Your tentativenss and terror help you to be alert and careful . . . especially when you work on the brakes.

Your labor is free and the parts are reasonable. That makes maintenance and repair costs lower than any other vehicle in your fleet. It makes your Volkswagen a sensible transportation alternative.

The intangible value of becoming the self-sufficient curator of your classic Volkswagen is priceless. Through the challenging journey of learning about and ministering to your Volkswagen, you develop initiative, perseverence, authority, wisdom, and that dogged determination that can only come from replacing a clutch cable in the rain.

WHAT
Parts procurement is your responsibility. Surprises will come up. You may be disappointed that the lack of a part stops us mid-list, but not only are there always more projects to dive into but it is a valuable learning moment for you to realize that you and only you are finishing the repair we abandoned.
* required parts will be addressed in our PM correspondence
* order them well ahead of time

WHERE
Your work environment needs to be clean and organized. Please have a plan for inclement weather where we can work in a dry space.
* 1 roll paper towels
* solvent/oil drain container
* 2 cans of GumOut carb spray
* 1 tub Valvoline DuraBlend semi or full-synthetic moly grease.

WHEN
We begin at 9:00AM at your chosen address on our agreed-upon day.
If you need a lunch break, I will join you.
Work ends at 5:00PM.
Final Exam/Invoice Wrap Up by 6:00PM

HOW MUCH
Full Day 9-6
Deposit is $250.00 PayPal <78vw2000@earthlink.net> by May 15th
Balance is $250.00 cash or PayPal payable at end of appointment

Half Day 9-1:30 or 1:30-5
Deposit is $140.00 PayPal <78vw2000@earthlink.net> by May 15th
Balance is $140.00 cash or PayPal payable at end of appointment

FINE PRINT
I am a consultant. You are paying for my tutelage. If I pick up a tool, it is to hand it to you. I shall not accept liability for any of the work performed on your vehicle nor for any incidental consequential coincidental consequent incident or accident coincident or subsequent to our visit. Got it?

THE PROCESS
1. PM me here on the Itinerant Air-Cooled site with:
a) your questions,
b) your List of Concerns from most-important to least important,
c) a self-assessment of your skills or lack thereof,
d) a brief description of our work environment,
e) what the dream or plan is for your Volkswagen.

2. I respond with Edited List and Preliminary Parts Guess

3. On the forum, YOU keep an eye on dates filling in and the locations of where these dates are filling in. Then you provide me a couple of feasible dates. Once we have agreed upon a date, you send in your PayPal deposit to:
< 78vw2000@earthlink.net >

In the comment box you SHALL provide your username, real name, address, phone number.

4. A red D next to your name is our contractual obligation to each other. I will be there on the appointed day at 9:00AM petitioning the house staff for a cup of coffee. I generally refuse to engage in the niceties of confirmation phone calls unless I expect to be more than 15 minutes late, a rare occurence, right Mitch?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles