Results Will Be in . . .

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Post Reply
User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:23 pm

. . . in about a week.

Please bring your summer visit recollections over to theSamba and fill up my Buyer/Seller feedback page.
The last entry was a year ago . . . :pale:

We had fun this summer, some of you had obstacles nicely vanquished, some of you had insurmountable challenges for one day, but subsequent correspondences kept the laser focus on your goals.

I love this crazy career and want to keep reaching as many air-cooled VWs and their owners as I can in the time remaining . . . (cue: ominous music)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... +aircooled
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Amskeptic wrote: Please bring your summer visit recollections over to theSamba and fill up my Buyer/Seller feedback page.
The last entry was a year ago . . . :pale:
Not any more!
Thank you all, and thanks for the inspirationalitudinousness.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

Squeebles
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Squeebles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:31 am

I'm glad to read that it was more profitable than expected, although i know that is not the primary motivation. It always helps. This past season was my first year with Colin and I will be in for subsequent years, even if I have to break some stuff to get him out here... I believe in the IAC mission. I am not a big visitor to this or any other site - i check in from time to time, often when i need some information. I use this site, the Samba, etc. more like a library than a coffee shop. I am grateful for it, it has helped me immensely. So I guess I'm saying that the page visits/hits may not indicate the true popularity of a site like this one. Which is more or less what Colin and others have already said.
1977 VW Bus, 2.0 FI

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:26 am

Squeebles wrote:I'm glad to read that it was more profitable than expected, although i know that is not the primary motivation. It always helps. This past season was my first year with Colin and I will be in for subsequent years, even if I have to break some stuff to get him out here... I believe in the IAC mission. I am not a big visitor to this or any other site - i check in from time to time, often when i need some information. I use this site, the Samba, etc. more like a library than a coffee shop. I am grateful for it, it has helped me immensely. So I guess I'm saying that the page visits/hits may not indicate the true popularity of a site like this one. Which is more or less what Colin and others have already said.
It is good to hear, nonetheless, those voices chiming in from the ethers . . .

It will be a grotesque day when I have to start hustling . . . for Itinerary visits.

"Call today! and we will throw in an additional ten minutes at no extra charge!"
Colin :geek:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

71whitewesty
Getting Hooked!
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by 71whitewesty » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:08 am

I'll be looking to get on the list again this year. Plenty of things to do around here. You are going to be so well rested in that westy this year. I hope you don't start over sleeping your appointments. :geek:

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:02 pm

71whitewesty wrote:I'll be looking to get on the list again this year. Plenty of things to do around here. You are going to be so well rested in that westy this year. I hope you don't start over sleeping your appointments. :geek:
Let's get #3 running.
It is good for a bus to run. It is good for the bus's owner to see it run.
It is good for humanity to have more running buses.
It is an excellent place to store a rebuilt engine and clear out the work shop at the same time.
Then we can tune the Snow Trac's VW engine, and then when we are done with that, check the two running buses.
Is the headlamp dimmer working correctly?
ColinInValdostaGA
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

71whitewesty
Getting Hooked!
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by 71whitewesty » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 pm

I replaced that headlight dimmer with a good original one and now it works perfect. =D>

I'm actually deep into the Snow Trac right now. Attempting to redo some wiring, which required partial removal of the starter in order to reach the nuts on the solenoid. The starter won't even come out far enough to clear the starter shaft. If I had to replace the starter on it I would have to remove either the engine or the variators. Real pain to even have to remove the wires from the solenoid. :angryfire:

I also need to some how reinforce the mounts that hold the clutch,brake, gas pedal assembly as it's bending and binding. :scratch:

And I found out why it chatters in reverse. Broken front trans mount. It's a vw mount but unique in that it has no protruding studs and instead has threaded inserts in the rubber mount making it much easier to slide in place.

Once I'm done with that and I'm motivated right now since it's dumping up on the mountain, I'm going to start on the third bus. I thought I would have started it by now but the snow trac and a few other things keep getting in the way. :thumbleft:

andrewtf
I'm New!
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by andrewtf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:57 am

Hell........

I'm just anxious for the time when I can sign up for a 2016 visit.

And so is the next generation of students - my daughter and her significant other. This air cooled thing will live on for at least another generation or two in my household.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:25 pm

andrewtf wrote:Hell........

I'm just anxious for the time when I can sign up for a 2016 visit.

And so is the next generation of students - my daughter and her significant other. This air cooled thing will live on for at least another generation or two in my household.
I will do my part to carry on the tradition . . . if I don't succumb in the meantime to acetone fumes.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
dingo
IAC Addict!
Location: oregon - calif
Status: Offline

Re: Results Will Be in . . .

Post by dingo » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:24 pm

if I don't succumb in the meantime to acetone fumes.
Colin


are you painting your toenails MarinaGelb ?
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Post Reply