Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings Fall Apart

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:53 pm

jtauxe wrote:
aopisa wrote:Funny to see people still running around in shorts and t-shirts. I had the wood stove stoked all day long yesterday. I think there are more people in those pictures than the three towns surrounding me combined!
And they are all so white for Georgia!
Like everywhere, it depends on where you go. This was a lot of small town hill folk, and lots of hillbilly wanna bees from Atlanta. Not everyone can be a hillbilly!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 am

Sylvester wrote: This was a lot of small town hill folk, and lots of hillbilly wanna bees from Atlanta. Not everyone can be a hillbilly!
Nope. I have seen the wannabees. They would melt dead if the air-conditioning crapped out in their Ford F-350 With Towing Package and Lariat Interior . . . nor could they get off the cell phone and get out and just fix the thing.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 am

Wow, Colin, beautiful scenery. Not what we see in southern California. OTOH we are having real rain here... finally.

Nice shot, Sylvester. Many a day have I spent sitting in my booth at similar street fairs. One curious thing... all the canopies are white... is there some sort of canopy color requirement at this show? Usually promoters provide canopies which are beefier units... those look like vendor owned canopies. No umbrellas, no colors... sort of the shopping mall version of a street fair.
71 bus, 74 westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

Birdibus wrote:Nice shot, Sylvester. Many a day have I spent sitting in my booth at similar street fairs. One curious thing... all the canopies are white... is there some sort of canopy color requirement at this show? Usually promoters provide canopies which are beefier units... those look like vendor owned canopies. No umbrellas, no colors... sort of the shopping mall version of a street fair.
I believe they were provided by the town, this place is very tourist-centered, and I bet they make a lot during this time. Always take your digital camera I say, you never know when you will get that golden Glasseye shot! And take lots, you can always delete them. Can we get some more local fall shots? Blotto, Aopisa, Colin and I are not the only ones outside!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm

While we are waiting for others to post their Fall shots, here's three more to keep you occupied:

How are the colors west of the Mississippi?
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 pm

aopisa wrote:How are the colors west of the Mississippi?

same ol same ol....

see, the leaves are falling, but nothing is changing colors much:

1979 California Transporter

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 pm

airkooledchris wrote:
aopisa wrote:How are the colors west of the Mississippi?
see, the leaves are falling, but nothing is changing colors much:
But you can smell the change. And see it in the long shadows.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm

The Fall weather here in Ohio has been great, but the colors have not been. We've been taking opportunities to get out and enjoy it, though.

In Amish country....

and in the Summit County Metroparks....

and at my daughters' cross-country meets...

Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:25 pm

vwlover77 wrote:In Amish country....

I miss that part of Ohio. I used to go to my friends house in Sugar Creek, lots of Amish up there too.

Fall on Georgia 400 today, coming home and behind a Bus far from home by the plate:

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Sylvester wrote:I miss that part of Ohio. I used to go to my friends house in Sugar Creek, lots of Amish up there too.
I grew up in Cuyahoga county, but went to school at Kent State. Used to drive all over Akron/Canton and points south. I loved pigging out at the Amish restaurants!

Seeing all that green in Georgia makes me want to hop in the bus and follow the Fall south.

Went out to seek the last bits of fall color here today:

1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:13 pm

aopisa wrote: Went out to seek the last bits of fall color here today:
Man, your bus is looking good, too!
Colin

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
Thanks, that means a lot! Filled it up yesterday and only got 14 mpg. Almost always get 18 consistently. Not sure if that is an anomaly or if I should be looking at something.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:19 pm

aopisa wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
Thanks, that means a lot! Filled it up yesterday and only got 14 mpg. Almost always get 18 consistently. Not sure if that is an anomaly or if I should be looking at something.
BobD's fuel mileage dropped noticeably in the cold. That intake air sensor says "I'm cold! More gas!" and your tire pressures drop in the cold, unless of course, you checked them recently . . . :cyclopsani:

Check fuel mileage. Still down? Try two clicks CW on the black cog in the AFM. Adjust idle mixture with the screw in the AFM one turn CCW. Check fuel mileage again. Any improvement?
Colin

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Aopisa, Beautiful scenery and beautiful Bus!!!!

It was 70+ and sunny here today so we did some more hiking. Here's a photo from Sand Run Park in Akron, Ohio...

Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen