Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Amskeptic wrote:
Vdubtech wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Vdubtech wrote:Let me know when you get back up this way, you're always welcome to stop by!
I believe I will be passing through somewhere around October 11/12th.
Cookie. No wait, pizza/beer?
Colin
Sounds like a fabulous idea. Oct. 11th is Columbus Day and the DMV is closed, so I'll be here all day. Drop me a pm or give me a ring and let me know when you'll be arriving and I'll roll out the red carpet. =D>
Looks like I am being jammed a little here, Vdubtech. I have an October 9th in Providence and a couple of days up in Essex before I get down to the westbound I-90. So we will have to see if we can do Pizza! Beer! on the 12th or 13th after you get home.
Colin
No problem brother, I'm usually home by 4:30.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 pm

jimbear wrote: Anyone chime in with tips and tricks to be better prepared for my first IAC visit?
Go to bed early the night before Christmas. Make sure you've stocked up on diet coke for Santa. Make yourself a sandwich in the morning while you're waiting to sustain yourself (and one for the guy who has a tender stomach, says he doesn't eat lunch but usually concedes to your charity). Buy a case (or near, depending on the condition of your engine) of GumOut and paper towels. Have the parts you know you need on hand. You'll need more than you think so don't sweat it too much when you hit a road block--you'll be provided with instruction on how to achieve the repair with follow-up here as needed. Most importantly, enjoy yourself! It's a great learning experience and a fun day. I wish I could have swung it this year.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI