San Diego 29 July

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

MConverse
Getting Hooked!

San Diego 29 July

Post by MConverse » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

So I'm a tad late on my post.

This is Colin's 4th? Visit I believe, so really, I should be used to it.

90% of the day was spent trying to resolve vacuum leaks on my fastbacks carbs (not stock, cheap pieces of crap).

Seriously, It was not fair to Colin. I spent 3 weekends trying to resolve the issues, and we (The carbs and I) backed Colin into a corner for the first part of the day. These carbs did *not* want to be saved, they just wanted to be thrown in the "recycle" pile and await their fate.

Step by step Colin persevered, we went thru every single issue one by one, he, forcing me to "fix this issue correctly", and "try it this way", until at the end of the day, Colin had not only fixed my carbs, but had the engine tuned and peppy as could be.

Once again, Night and Day difference, I should be used to the results of a visit from Colin by now, but somehow, at the end of the day, I stand there exhausted, in complete and utter disbelief of the issues we resolved in one day.

Colin my friend, You truly are an Air Cooled Artist.

Thanks again.
Mike

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: San Diego 29 July

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

MConverse wrote:So I'm a tad late on my post.

This is Colin's 4th? Visit I believe, so really, I should be used to it.

90% of the day was spent trying to resolve vacuum leaks on my fastbacks carbs (not stock, cheap pieces of crap).

Seriously, It was not fair to Colin. I spent 3 weekends trying to resolve the issues, and we (The carbs and I) backed Colin into a corner for the first part of the day. These carbs did *not* want to be saved, they just wanted to be thrown in the "recycle" pile and await their fate.

Step by step Colin persevered, we went thru every single issue one by one, he, forcing me to "fix this issue correctly", and "try it this way", until at the end of the day, Colin had not only fixed my carbs, but had the engine tuned and peppy as could be.

Once again, Night and Day difference, I should be used to the results of a visit from Colin by now, but somehow, at the end of the day, I stand there exhausted, in complete and utter disbelief of the issues we resolved in one day.

Colin my friend, You truly are an Air Cooled Artist.

Thanks again.
Mike
You are tttooooo kiiiiiind . . .

I enjoy these little challenges. Sometimes the solution does not have a thousand false starts. I like those. This one had a few false starts, but dang, nice driving car . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . after we secured the steering wheel to the steering shaft. :colors:
I look forward to seeing how the Fastback evolves.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:07 am

That is a nice looking neighborhood MC!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.