What's your favorite part of camping?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: What's your favorite part of camping?

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Favorite part of camping? Taking in the lay of the land in the evening light, reorienting to the night silhouettes with that huge starry sky, then awaking to sun! all is fresh and color again, and not remembering what day it is.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 pm

I think one of my favorite camping trips was when I took my son to South Bass Island in Lake Erie, and we camped on the shore of the State Park. Not nearly as remote as a Colin campsite in the middle of the desert, but it was nice with the waves at night, and the idea of camping on an island was too cool. I guess the favorite part of my camping is the location, and how unique it is.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Post by bretski » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:51 pm

RussellK wrote:3. A quiet evening with good conversation. When my kids were young they wanted stories about me before they were born.
:thumbright: My daughter loves to hear stories about my life as a child...always fun to tell.
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 pm

I like waking up and my wife's hair smells of last night's camp fire. Kind of primal.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI