Camping in Vancouver BC?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Camping in Vancouver BC?

Post by IFBwax » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Thinking of heading up there in early OCT for a soccer game and would like to find a place to park the pickle. Power would be nice but not necessary.. bathroom would be. Anyone know of any campgrounds or spots near downtown?
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Re: Camping in Vancouver BC?

Post by glasseye » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 pm

That ain't gonna be easy. Campgrounds near the center of town don't exist. Especially full-service ones.

Where's the game?

Can anybody else chime in on this? My knowledge is dated.

Peter
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Do you have any friends with handy driveways up there? That's all I've ever done - not too much camping, mostly motels and hotels.
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't remember much about Vancouver from my Expo 86 trip, but I'm pretty sure we stayed in a huge RV-filled campground around Burnaby. (googling, googling) Aha, this is the place: http://www.bcrv.com/

My brother's took a header off the merry-go-round in the playground at that place, with a scar on his forehead to prove it. :lol:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Kumsheen resort, not even close to Vancouver. They have always used VW buses to transport their white water rafts....when we went there we slept in a teepee on the river.....it was bad ass.....right on a huge rocky gorge with a river....worth the drive and time IMHO.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:05 am

spiffy wrote:Kumsheen resort, not even close to Vancouver. They have always used VW buses to transport their white water rafts....when we went there we slept in a teepee on the river.....it was bad ass.....right on a huge rocky gorge with a river....worth the drive and time IMHO.
Kumsheen is great, but they haven't used VWs for decades. They truck you up-river in school busses, and I don't know if they operate as late as October.

And yes, they are quite a ways from Vancouver. Like about 5 or 6 hours away.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett