Back to Stone Mountain

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Back to Stone Mountain

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:30 am

The family and I went back to Stone Mountain for one night of camping, and boy was it hot. I think I am done with camping in the heat, it is just miserable even if we had fans. I think at the park I sweat 30 pounds off, whew. However, we had fun, the site is nice right next to the lake. Mt Rushmore it is not, but the fireworks and laser show sure pull in a crowd every night.

Me and the boys, we were literally on a cliff over the water at this site, I slid down it more than once, but a nice site

Next to the lake. Wish I had a kayak.

My son climbing the rocks in front of the carving. This is where they do the laser show and fireworks, Southern Style of course.

Me and the wife on top of the mountain, son in background

Other son literally jumping off a cliff. Trick picture, he did not fall far.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:05 am

Man I sure wish I could see your pix, they're blocked here in the dungeon.
And what'st this crap about weather stopping you from camping? :flower:
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 am

hambone wrote:Man I sure wish I could see your pix, they're blocked here in the dungeon.
And what'st this crap about weather stopping you from camping? :flower:
Escape from the dungeon, and go see them! I post only good shots. It is too hot in Georgia at times to camp comfortably. For me, I can do anything. However, when your 16 year old wakes at 0500 and paces outside because he is sweating, that is bad.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.