Anybody up for a night or two this month?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Anybody up for a night or two this month?

Post by DjEep » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm

I need to camp, haven't really camped since losing the Westy. Anybody feel like a low key trip in the south-o-pdx area? Don't worry, I had a kick ass weekend, filled with loud music, dancing and purdy little groupies, so I'm not really plannin' on bein' a downer anymore!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Losing the Westy...I musta missed sumtin.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Musta been th ol lady's.
I gotta put th brass-tacks to this engine so I'm out until it's done. Every day make major headway tho.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm

If'n you can make it down to Sonoma County, I'm in!
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

justgimmecoffee
Old School!

Post by justgimmecoffee » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:21 pm

might. maybe. possibly. pencil me in for 'kinda potentially'.

-Barry

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:37 pm

I'll just file that under "Maybe". I've got a couple of DJ gigs this month filed under "Maybe" too, so I'm still up in the air about an available weekend too, but I'm still gonna try and make it out at least one night.

And yes, trout, ham was right. 'Twas Coilette's name on the title, though it was my knuckle-blood on the bolts, love in the tuning, and hard earned money in the parts. Life's a bitch like that sometimes, I'm sure everyone here has a story or two like it in their past. Oh well, still have two more not-quite-as-awesome buses, but buses none-the-less.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

hambone

Post by hambone » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:28 am

It was time to say goodbye, and you did, head held high.
Onward :flower: Rusty buses await with bruised Karma and sad eyes, needing a gentle turn of a wrench. Prob 13mm

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am

hambone wrote: Onward :flower: Rusty buses await
...And groupies! Guilt free to an untethered man of the world.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 pm

hell yeah!

wanna see me rockin' it? Too bad, you're gonna anyway...

and some groupies....

Damn ravers! Downfall of society!

In any event.... Camping?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

hambone wrote:It was time to say goodbye, and you did, head held high.
Onward :flower: Rusty buses await with bruised Karma and sad eyes, needing a gentle turn of a wrench. Prob 13mm
or 10mm, but I always lose those ones....

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:54 pm

That looks underage to me. Ahh to be young.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:01 pm

I had a feeling you'd say that... The one on the left might be jailbait, the one on the right isn't though. ;)

Nor are the ones I've been getting msg's from on that there MySpace thing they all use nowadays... Not like I plan on shackin' up with 'em anyway, but it sure helps the ol' self esteem!

justgimmecoffee
Old School!

Post by justgimmecoffee » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Rock out with your... wait, are those punji sticks on the right? Plants? where are you playin, man??

we should all show up at one of your shows this year. Block the parking lot, make those young kids WALK. like we did, only we did it uphill. In the snow.

-JGC

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 am

ROTFL!

I'd pay to see that! The bus brigade of middle age guys crashin' the party that is, not me rocking out with my.... I've seen that before, not pretty...

And It was a health spa/salon/bar. They let us use their decorative plants to build a "sound forest" around the DJ and speakers. And the "Punji Sticks" were just blacklight reactive string. The pics were taken with a flash, it was actually dark and spooky in there.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

That's cool man. Is that your primary gig?