Been Down (internet)

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Been Down (internet)

Post by spiffy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 pm

We finally established coms with the tower and I have the ability to share a few pics from the last bit of summer that got all jumbled up for us. The first bit are from an IAC campout (and the trek there) near South Pyramid (near Sisters, OR) the second bit are from Jubilee Lake in the Umatilla N.F. Thanks for letting me indulge :geek:

And to the Jubilee...
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 am

It good to see you spread the love between your two buses. S. Pyramid was a great time. Glad we could spend it together.
-'72 Westy-

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:53 am

Good to have ya back. Nice to see you've been able to squeeze a few trips inbetween the madness.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:50 pm

hambone wrote:Good to have ya back. Nice to see you've been able to squeeze a few trips inbetween the madness.
Good to be able to converse with yous guys again! Since we ain't afraid of camping in the cold we get the pleasure of year round camping......so last year was actually a pretty good camping year, despite the move.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm

spiffy wrote:Since we ain't afraid of camping.. in the cold we get the pleasure of year round camping......
Camped out in the backyard with the girls on Friday. Got pretty chilly even with 3 of us and 2 dogs. Little kids toss and turn though, hard to layer up and stay warm.

How's the new job? Or is that in a separate thread?

Yo, welcome back.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 am

chitwnvw wrote:
spiffy wrote:Since we ain't afraid of camping.. in the cold we get the pleasure of year round camping......
Camped out in the backyard with the girls on Friday. Got pretty chilly even with 3 of us and 2 dogs. Little kids toss and turn though, hard to layer up and stay warm.

How's the new job? Or is that in a separate thread?

Yo, welcome back.
Thanks Todd! The new job is much better then the last, I actually feel useful although the learning curve is pretty dramatic right now.

How's the new bus treating you? Bet it's nice to have a rust free pretty bus to work on! Your trip out here seems like it was 4 years ago....looong summer!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:06 pm

After a couple of years of being out in the PNW elements (under my watch anyways) the buses FINALLY have shelter and I can actually attempt to keep them clean and maintained......or at least that is the plan.

This will be nice, the last two times I pulled an engine it was on grass/dirt/gravel. yeehaw....smooth working surface.

78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:29 am

Bill & Spiffy look like they're enjoying their new home. Have they met the neighbor-kids yet? Do they play nicely?

Hope you & Elaine are enjoying it too. It looks like a nice place. Congrats! :cheers:
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!