Dixie Bus Gathering--Roll Call

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Dixie Bus Gathering--Roll Call

Post by Vdubtech » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:03 pm

Alright guys, it's that time of year again. The Dixie Bus Gathering is almost upon us in beautiful Mount Vernon, OH, with the COVVC Volksfest the same weekend is Pataskala, OH. I will be heading out either Wednesday night or early Thursday morning for a quick 500 mile trip to the campground. I haven't had much time for camping this year so I'm really excited to get out there with the Bus, whichever one I decide to take. I'm trying to talk a friend into going with me so I can bring the Riviera and the '79 crusty Bus loaded up with parts to vend at the show. We'll see how it goes, but I'll be there one way or another. This event is truly the highlight of my summer every year. Those of you that haven't gone, I can't say enough good things about it. Those of you that have gone know exactly what I'm talking about. Ryan, I hope you guys make it this year--bring a tent. VWLover77, I promise not to scold you for parking in the wrong spot 5 minutes after you arrive. In fact, I hope you get there before the place fills up too much and we can camp near each other instead of opposite ends of the campground. Hope you that are considering going will give it some thought. Who cares how expensive gas is? It's only money, let's get out there, drive those Buses and sit around a fire together.

August 07, 2008 - August 10, 2008 - Dixie Bus Gathering
Mt Vernon, Ohio
Dixie Bus Gathering. 7th annual. Celebrating the... well just an excuse to gather.
Rustic Knolls Campground is a wonderful family facility. Bathrooms / showers cleaned on the hour every hour! Cabin rental available. New redecorated rec hall. Fabulous playground for the kiddies. Awesome swimming lake, and you'll need it in August in Central Ohio.
World famous Chili, in arguably the biggest cauldron you have ever seen cooked over the fire.

http://www.rusticknollscampground.com

email the host at Biffath@ameritech.net

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm planning on being there, with both of my daughters. Due to their schedules, we won't be arriving until mid-afternoon on Friday, so it's unlikely we'll end up at the shady end of the camping area. We have to leave directly from the show so we'll miss the Saturday night campout AGAIN. But, better a little of the weekend than none of the weekend!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Those that attended will tell you, it was a great event.

Check out a slideshow of photos here. Sorry they're all mixed up - they're a combination of pics from two cameras. You'll see photos from the Dixie Bus campout, the caravan from the campground to the show, and some of the many, many cars at the show. This has got to be one of the best all-VW shows east of the Mississippi.

Enjoy.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... =slideshow
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics Don. Looks like a fun time. I hope to make it out there one of these times.

Anyone else got any pics to share?
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.