Amicolola Falls, Georgia

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 am

zblair wrote:Love the photos Sly. I just had something weird happen!

When I looked at your photo. I saw a flashback with you in three different uniforms. One was recent (like Desert Storm camo) and two sepia, it was so quick I couldn't tell if the first was union or rebels, but it looked civil war. The second was a uniform I had not seen. There looked like either some type of belt crossed in front of your chest and a part of it had bullets in it. Like shotgun shells actually. Is there a uniform past like that? Spanish civil war?

When I *see* stuff in sepia I have learned that this is my mind's way of letting me know it's past history. At least 100 years but usually ends up older than that.

Happens sometimes. :colors:
Well, I am in the AF Guard so the Desert Storm photo fits. As so:

[albumimg]759[/albumimg]

I used to do Civil War reenacting also, both Union and Confederate, so that fits too. Never did Spanish American War though. Maybe you pictured something like this, circa mid 1890's:

You'll have to describe those sightings in detail. Was it me during those time periods, or me 17-25 years ago?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Sylvester wrote: I used to do Civil War reenacting also, both Union and Confederate, so that fits too. Never did Spanish American War though. Maybe you pictured something like this, circa mid 1890's:

You'll have to describe those sightings in detail. Was it me during those time periods, or me 17-25 years ago?
Um, it was really a brief flash, but you appeared younger. I'm gonna say with the *older* photos, past life, not present life. I can't see the 2nd photo no thanks to my firewall here at work. Maybe if you post it to your gallery here I'll see it, then I can answer that question better.

When I get home I will look at the photos again and meditate and tell ya what I get. It really was a flash. With the Desert Storm thing I also *heard* wind, with the last photos with that belt thingy, you were on what looked like a rocky cliff. dirt, rocks, no trees. Didn't see water sources.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I just remembered I never came back to see this photo. Oooops! What I saw was a much more rugged man, plus more rugged and worn clothing. He had on boots but they were similar to vaquero boots with the slanted heel. His hair was much longer, he was unshaved and had darker skin. He did not have a lot of facial hair now that I think about it so maybe indian blood???

the crossed belt was much wider, worn further down on the chest and had shells or bullets on it. The hat he had on his head was sort of a cross between a civil war type cap and a Jed Clampett/Beverly Hillbillies hat. Sorry I can't give more detail than that as the photo I saw was sepia so all brown.
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Sly, looks to have been a fun trip in a great local. Thanks for the pics!

Hey Z, did he look like this?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:41 pm

Nope. Wrong hat, wrong type of face, wrong era. My FIL is an avid re-enacter and historian and also a retired Army Colonel. I am going to describe to him a bit about this and see what he says.
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:49 pm

I just looked at a few militaria sites, just a cursory view, and it looks like what I saw was more like an 1860-1880 cavalry type hat, shorter brim and they made them out of brown felt even. I bet you know a lot more of that period than I do...maybe even before the civil war too but the hat was felt or stiff fabric of some sort.

Haven't seen the crossed belt shell holder thing. Jeffrey told me a name for them but it escapes me now and he's out recording until midnight so that is no help now.

Say, Cavalry had crossed swords on stuff, right?
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Z, I was sorta joking with that pic. He alwasys brings a smile to my face. :joker:

Those belts are called bandoleros

Yes, crossed swords are an insignia for cavalry.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

The cav have the spurs on the boots as well, along with a healthy dose of machismo.

I loved the pic John, Z you need to come out and meet LiveonJG to truly appreciate and love the humor that he sends out. It is amazing =D>

Until you hang out with him the internet blocks the genius.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:28 am

spiffy wrote:The cav have the spurs on the boots as well, along with a healthy dose of machismo.

I loved the pic John, Z you need to come out and meet LiveonJG to truly appreciate and love the humor that he sends out. It is amazing =D>

Until you hang out with him the internet blocks the genius.
No worries here, I get John. Really! There has been more than one time when he has made me LOL, as have many of the folks on here. It's just that when I *see, sense, smell or hear* things, I tend to become a bit more focused on that so the nuances of humor can be lost on me. I take seriously when stuff presents itself to me because I never know why it happens but trust when it does if that makes sense. I do have a pretty wicked sense of humor too, as does my man. When I first met Jeffrey he told me his sense of humor ran the gamut from Shakespeare to South Park and I just laughed at the comparison. I think J knows every Monty Python line ever muttered too. Just ask Colin. :joker:

As for meeting y'all, Jeffrey's current but soon to be former GM at the station has just accepted the CEO/Pres. position at KPBS in Portland and he has mentioned already wanting to fly J out to meet with their production engineers over broadcast computer stuff. So we've already discussed my joining him on the trip so we can hang with you guys at the Lucky Lab or one of the gazillion micro breweries I've heard are there. Not sure when that would be, but we will give as much notice as we can get, this would most likely be later in the summer. Spiffy, you and your Co-pilot will have to come meet us too! :king: If that doesn't happen, we are really wanting to do Maupin next year, so that is also a possibility.

Sly, this stuff really seems like it is past lives the way it is appearing to me...bandolero? yes, that sounds right. Actually when I look back at the goofy Mexican photo that ammo strap he has on looks more like it except what I saw was two crossed in front of the chest.
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:22 pm

spiffy wrote:the internet blocks the genius.
Wow Mike, thanks! I'll be gone till tues., gotta wedding to attend in Boise.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Have fun buddy. Don't catch any garters.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:36 am

John is crazy.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:59 pm

hambone wrote:John is crazy.
You might be on to something there.

:rolleyes:

-John
Keep it acoustic.