Heading out Part II

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:59 am

Beautiful! Looks like a great time, so much for the 15 feet of snow. Ya never know what's out there.
Elaine is brave!!!! She gets 1000 bonus points. It does look like it was pretty chilly out there.
Good stuff thanks for posting.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:06 am

glasseye wrote:Fantastic! Great coverage. Just like being there. Thanks for all the effort shooting, posting.

Is that Ross Lake? Cooooollllldddddd.
Always fun to share the adventures with you folks. That is Gorge Lake, but where we camped it seemed more like a river and the water level fluctuated by about 3 feet or so every day.....crazy. Ross Lake cannot be reached right now by route 20, they still haven't dug it out yet and my guess is that it will be awhile judging by the some of the massive avalanche damage that we saw. I think you can get into that area through B.C.? Cool history of the area as well, dam working camps that are still used.

And ayup, this trip was Elaine's idea......she gets a million gajillion bonus points.

Oh....we got 60 tulip bulbs for my Mom's Mother's Day gift. The process is a lot of fun as you get to "shop" all the varieties and then order em up. Good prices too. :cheers:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Post by bretski » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 pm

That's a neat spot. Assume it must be a hydro lake if the level fluctuates that much?

...and it looks like a certain somebody made some serious progress on a certain splitty. :cheers: =D>
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Beautiful bus in the woods pix.

lovin the dutch oven creations.

lookin forward to jammin' w/ Copilot at the RendezVW.

Air looks brisk and clean.

Any back woods Adventurin'? I know how much Elain likes bushwackin'.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Gypsie wrote:Beautiful bus in the woods pix.

lovin the dutch oven creations.

lookin forward to jammin' w/ Copilot at the RendezVW.

Air looks brisk and clean.

Any back woods Adventurin'? I know how much Elain likes bushwackin'.
That stroll off a cliff was fun!!! :geek: We took a couple of walks but that place is so remote that yer campsite feals 'backwoods' enough. And yes the air was great, it really wasn't too cold but every now and again the wind would pick up and bite right through.

And yeppers, the lakes up there are hydro controlled. Most of the dams were built in the 20's and the history of the area is pretty interesting.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"